Challenge #796 Voting CLOSED

Thank you Clay.
I had a lot of fun with this weeks challenge and am learning more each time I participate in it.

I am excited to revisit this style now that I’ve ironed out most of the pain points of using multiple high intensity lights near geometry. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I too think I have most of the entries I used for the WC. I would’ve stopped blender a year ago if it wasn’t for the WC so I will help restore images as much as I can.

@icyou520, really great concept and execution!

Unless some horrible cookie based attack happens it looks like OREO will hold up. I always like an early WEC topic, anyone have a good idea for a theme?

Maybe surrealism :slightly_smiling_face: ?

Has aviation been done?

EDIT: When a post is withdrawn by an author it’s still possible to see what they wrote before by looking at recent edits. I don’t know if this is supposed to happen but it seems kind of bogus.

Has surrealism or aviation been done?

I checked the list and surreal has been done but not aviation. We also haven’t had a long theme in awhile. Up to you man I just wanna make some art :smiley:

Well if Aviation has never been done that seems like fun. So the bonus extra time theme (on double secret probation) will most likely be: Aviation.

2 Likes

You nailed both the render and the title. I’m sure anything you come up with will be equally amazing :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://geoxis.de/blend/themes.htm

#713 was ‘surreal’. I couldn’t find ‘Aviation’ anywhere in the list of old themes. (However, #578, #158 and #78 were about “Flying Machines”. But that was a long time ago and is far from the same.). Sounds good to me. :slight_smile:

Sounds like a great theme guys!

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 796 with 47.3% of the votes is… Photox!
Here’s to all the great participators…

OREO PRO

1 Like

A well-earned and delicious victory @Photox!

Congratulations!

A render good enough to eat…

Well done, everyone! Great renders all around!

4 Likes

Thanks, you know you’ve doing the WEC too long when you have more than 1 Oreo cookie entries! I’d show you the link, but alas it’s gone.

@Photox congrats on another great win. Awesome rendering, had a feeling once I seen it what the voting results would be like.

2 Likes

Thanks. You know I never know. I’ve had entries I made that I thought were epic, and clear winners and they got zero mentions or votes. I’ll be honest the Oreos I thought were decent but I thought that @icyou520 scene was pretty kick ass and more of a WEC kind of entry. It was my favorite anyway. Awesome entries from all. Let’s break the entry record, we have 6 days!

3 Likes

@Helge I do still have my previous entries, and non-entries too :slight_smile:

Congrats @Photox :+1:

1 Like

This happened to me a couple times. One of my WC entries I spent so much time on and I would of bet money it was going to win. I got zero votes. Its very eye opening.

I agree with @FlyingBanana, your entry looks like Oreo Inc. would pay to use that image in a campaign.

off to make a oreo airplane with a flock of bird sprinkles and marshmallow clouds topped with chocolate dipped vignetting

1 Like

@Photox, congrats. Beautiful and fun render.

Definitely have to make something for an aviation entry. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My congratulations @Photox .You won in the dominant style like a mercedes in formula one :smiley:

1 Like