Challenge #797 Voting CLOSED

Wrapping the image in an anchor tag keeps the functionality of an image link like it is now. @Helge

Also, sorry for taking up so much space - I have nowhere else to test.

0 voters

THAT wasn’t supposed to happen. I’ve updated the first post. Please try again. :wink:

I started a test topic over here:

Feel free to join the ‘discussion’ :wink:

Yes, I was meaning the vehicle in general.

I tried zoom test, your water looks pretty realistic :slightly_smiling_face: .Did you use only principled shader or something else?

I would love to have Borda-like voting rule. Since the forum does not support this, I think approval is good enough. I just find it important that everyone gives exactly the same number of votes, otherwise the results would be biased towards people who use all their votes. On the other hand, this might motivate people to vote randomly if they just want to give one vote…

I often narrow my choice down to 2 or 3 entries, so having 2 or 3 votes would be ideal for me.

Ok for anyone else that got curious about @Helge entry title this is it’s location. :slight_smile:

I think that multiple votes would be good.

@OLG & @Pure_Clay - Thanks, glad you enjoyed the little, growing WIP post. ^^ - I think it would be great if more participants would post bits and pieces of their progress while working on their entries from time to time. That could give a bit more insight into different workflows from experienced users like e.g. @Helge or @RobertT (hint,hint;)) and of course everyone sharing his or her process can benefit from some constructive feedback along the way. - And most importantly it makes the Entry thread more entertaining than to just see a bunch of finished pieces. Specially, since nobody has to write anything anymore to show appreciation and can just smash that little heart under the post. :wink:

@-all - Thank you very much for all the votes so far, - very generous. Just in case it should stay like this I already came up with a new theme, that I hope will spark some more creativity and great entries.

My vote went to @atekdigital, since I really like the style and composition of the rendering … and there is a red plane in it as well. ^^

2 Likes

I feel like @atekdigital was shooting the missile at @DM9 but they very narrowly escaped and now they are flying happy! Its almost as if both came out of the same cartoon.

I was torn between the two, ended up voting for @atekdigital

Great entries everyone.

Haha, you are right, that would make for a funny little short movie actually. … hm… :smiley:

1 Like

Maybe the number of votes should depend on the number of entries.

1 Like

My vote went to @atekdigital but it looks like @DM9 has this one - interested to see what the next one will be.

I did get a vote then I lost it :slight_smile: oh well.

@Millani Yeah 3 does feel like a good round number. You can’t choose to give more entries to one person, but if the min is 1 and max 3 then you don’t have to use all the votes.

I loved how @Helge’s entry is simply delirious :smiley:

Indeed, this is just a principled shader on an ocean modifier plane. It worked out surprisingly good. (I did add a simple Musgrave+Wave texture bump map, though.)

When I read that soviet scientists named a group of small polar islands, which are inhabited by nothing but flightless birds (Adélie penguins), “Aviation Islands” - I knew what to do! :slight_smile:

1 Like

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 797 with 39.3% of the votes is… DM9!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Over the rainbow

1 Like

@DM9, Congrats! Great render.

@DM9 congrats on the landslide win fun cute render.

@DM9 : Congratulations! Such a happy render, and a happy ending too. :smiley:

@FlyingBanana : I’m still curious where did you get the idea to cross-breed an A-10 with a VW Beetle, lol…

@str11 : Nice to see an ekranoplan here! :slight_smile:

Great works on all entries too!

Btw, looks like our dream of multiple votes can come true, hope it can be implemented in the next challenge. :+1:

2 Likes

Congrats @DM9 thought that would be winner :slight_smile:

Well done to everyone else too, great entries all round :taco:

@purbosky It seems like a highly requested feature, I look forward to hopefully trying it in the next challenge.

1 Like

@purbosky Makes me happy that someone recognized that. Indeed it was an A-10 Warthog. I was thinking about starting a VW Beetle as my next personal project then the theme came out and I was like what the heck! I am going to kill two birds with one stone. Started with the rough beetle shape then took some A-10 references for the rest. The A-10 will always be my favorite plane of all time in the modern era or jets, P51 Mustang for my all time favorite prop plane. Thanks for pointing out that you noticed what the concept was, makes me feel a little better about it now.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the votes everyone, I am flattered by all the response to this entry.

I hope you enjoy the new theme “Bionic”, I am really curious to see what all of you will come up with, good luck and happy modeling and rendering everybody. :smiley:

1 Like