Challenge #798 (05/10/18) Entries CLOSED

(Millani) #22

@purbosky I liked the overall symmetry of your entry, it fits the idea of “perfect” machines. Also, the atmosphere of machines dominating everything is very cool. If mankind is ever dominated by robots, I hope they’ll have cute rabbit ears like yours :smiley:

(RobertT) #23

Got off to a very late start (Sunday, ~10 AM), but here’s a WIP…

another…

update (3:40 EST)

update (5:50 PM EST)

RobertT

(Michael Jones) #24

Wow! …there is a lot of really good stuff here :slight_smile:

(FlyingBanana) #25

@RobertT if that’s what a late start look like I am going to have to re evaluate my blender skills. Might just go back to donut and anvil tutorials. Looks awesome can’t wait to see what the final is going to look like.

I’m running a final render of my entry, added in a syringe with glowing liquid in it. Dropped the denoise and upped the sample count to get rid of the red fireflies. Went with 1000 samples so hopefully the fireflies get squashed.

(FlyingBanana) #26

@Kobold yeah the challenges have been getting more and more high end. I’m loving it though, seeing these renders and ideas come together and in a short amount of time with such great results.

(DM9) #27

That looks awesome already. Great polygon topology as well, mine is usually a complete mess. ^^

So I’m gonna call this done, unless I get some extra time before tomorrow.

The Creator Flowers - Bionic flowers sent out to start terraforming mars before human colonisation.

Pure entry, cycles with 225 samples, denoising.

As always some great entries here!!

Challenge #798 Voting CLOSED
(Millani) #29

Just updated my entry. I’m quite happy with the result. I made several non-sensical and weird images, but this one takes the cake: A bacteria with a bionic eye and balls of steel. What the hell was I thinking…

(DM9) #30

Muhahah, now that you mention it that´s pretty strange … and funny. ^^

(Michael Kimber) #31

The blue emissions on the flowers are pretty cool :slightly_smiling_face:

(OLG) #32

@Millani, steele balls hanging from the rear is really red-necky. I like it. I think most Texan trucks have that adornment. That reminds me I have to go buy something for my truck now. :slight_smile:

(Helge) #33

If you are unsure on how to call your new bacteria, you could just name it after Bon Scott. At least, AC/DC could provide a fine intro music for your biology conference presentation.

@all:
On the matter of “balls of steel”:
Let’s venture forth and explore a little discourse magic. I’ll add “max. 3” to the voting’s settings tonight and see what happens.
If anyone here has any reason why these two should not be joined together, let them speak now or forever hold their peace. :wink:

(purbosky) #34

— NOT AN ENTRY —

Just a quick mash up along with entry of WC #745 (spinning things) and WC #795 (dangerous situation), assembled with GIMP. Actually this idea popped up during the making of the metal bunny queen, gotta make it realized while it’s still hot. Also, I had planned to revisit that giant mecha worm entry again and tweak some things up later, still not too satisfied with the modeling.

(purbosky) #35

@Helge : can’t wait to try the new voting system! :grinning:

(MadeWithFeet) #36

owww boy, i can’t wait to see this one done !

@id211 i can see this one coming from an alien xenology documentary, really good

(joshwinkler3d) #37

Science Project

Pure (200 samples + denoising)

Organic modelling isn’t my strong point, but I couldn’t think of anything non-organic - so this will do.

[OLD]

(Helge) #38

"The Player"

pure, cycles (512 samples + denoiser)

(Photox) #39

"Cry Havoc"

Non-competing. Cycles/PS 1500 samples.

(beau11) #40

I think this the best group of entries ive ever seen! You guys really nailed it.

(Michael Jones) #41

…I seriously thought I would have a chance!

My entry has been stomped , haha.

edit: I need to turn this around…