Challenge #804 (16/11/18) Entries CLOSED

(Helge) #1

Theme #804 for Friday 16th of November 2018 is:

Comics

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Nov 19, 2018 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

(FlyingBanana) #2

Well poop on a stick. I should have waited to start my superhero character. Guess I have to brainstorm some more and see if I can come up with something before it is too late this time around.

Just did this one
Not an entry

(FlyingBanana) #3

Ok breaking out the tablet for this one and going old school, hopefully my college years come back to me. This is the start of the work in progress.

I knew I wasn’t going to be the only one doing Stan. :slightly_smiling_face:

(FlyingBanana) #5

Well the more the merrier :smiley: I am just glad especially at this stage that you were able to tell.
I wasn’t intending on doing it but I ended up moving my old card collection and I came across my Mr. Marvel Stan Lee comic cards then figured I would give the ole grease pencil one last go around with the tablet.

(joshwinkler3d) #6

This may actually require some character modelling, I took a few shortcuts on the last one. I can do it but 99% of the time the results aren’t pleasing.

(Photox) #7

I was hoping there would be some Stan Lee tributes!

I wanted to do a tribute to him, and the challenge this week solidified that idea. :slightly_smiling_face:

The man meant so much to me. He’s the reason I wanted to create characters and stories, which in turn, is why I’m here today.

(Photox) #9

Some sketches for a Stan Lee caricature.

(beau11) #10

OPEN: GRASS ESSENTIALS
“You Did Good Kid”

Challenge #804 Voting CLOSED

Here is my entry. Everything is modeled by me in blender 2.8 and rendered with Eevee. Grabbed the cover art and some textures from the web.

(Josip Kladaric) #12

This looks like a perfect opportunity to finally make my childhood hero
batman-the-animated-series-logo-header_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqNUHzxaamNmHDqK-YksWRz2o-yMLyYquKCawpyDOW254|nullxnull

(OLG) #13

I am so pushing my computer to its limit. Blender has crashed at least a dozen times. 3.5M verts for the scene plus multiple particle systems. Not enough GPU memory so crashed at the 1.5 hour point (it was 8 hours total). Started in CPU but it currently is saying only 40 more hours to go. lol. Won’t take that long but still not heartening.

At my wife’s insistence it is a Marvel Thor scene.

(Millani) #14

Guess I’m going to be the weird one and take my inspiration from a song instead:

(OLG) #15

Too funny. Never heard the song before. Love it. :smiley:

Godzirrraaa!!!

(OLG) #16

Marvel’s Thor (Stan Lee Tribute)

Non-competing

Cycles, 3000 samples, filmic, hdri lighting, MB lab, cloth weaver add on ($), Paintshop Pro

Super fun theme but sad time for a need for tributes. About a 5 hour build and 6 hours to render in CPU. MB lab base figure. Not finalized and morphed heavily using figure body measures morph sliders to create a unique figure. Shirt created using cloth weaver add-on. New simplified Mjolnir. Lightning in back is a curve vine using emission shader. Contrast increased and vignette added in Paintshop Pro.

This piece is really just in memorial to Stan Lee. So Non-Competing.
Pure, except background
“The King of Comics”

I need a moment-

Stan Lee, I want you to know, you shaped my childhood, you were such a happy, enthusiastic, and loving individual. Your energy was contagious. I wanted to be just like you when I was a kid, though as an adult now I can see that you yourself had your own flaws, just like everyone else, just like the characters in your stories. Though I never got the chance to meet you, when you passed, it felt like my childhood came to an end. But you kept that childlike wonder with you long into your age, and so will I.

Goodbye Stan Lee. or should I say- EXCELSIOR!

Ahem, anyway, I did a couple of renders here.

This was a nice change of pace from what I usually do. I don’t do caricatures very often. Though I have done drawings of Mr.Lee before, but this was the first time I’ve done him in 3d.

Dose anyone have a preference between the yellow or blue images?

(RobertT) #18

Nice work so far, everyone!

The Stan Lee tributes look very promising!

Here’s a WIP image of my take on the topic (“comics”)

STAND UP COMIC

RobertT

(3dnotguru) #19

Hello, This is my PURE entry “V”. Cycles 1024s. Little Gimp help with text. I never liked those marvel tall stories :stuck_out_tongue:

(beau11) #20

Just watched that movie this week! Remember remember the 5th of november…