Challenge #806 (30/11/18) Entries CLOSED

(Nitram_2000) #61

I love your paper in this. Looks really good.

(GIPeN) #62

Brownie Ice cream

Pure entry (just an environment texture for reflections), Cycles 500 samples.

Challenge #806 Voting CLOSED
(beau11) #63

great job on your entries you guys! Welcome to the challenge @SystemAgnostic we are glad to have you :smiley:

(returntoblender) #64

Mirage:

Pure Entry

Edit to add more information: This was Cycles, 1000 samples, all procedural textures, sun rays added in compositor.

(PyBlend) #65

"Death by Chocolate"
Pure, competing, Cycles 512 samples, Denoising

Well, all in all, I think that turned out alright, if a little uncharacteristically dark.
I’d do a post-mortem for comic relief, but I fear that would only put the final nail in my coffin. :smirk:

(Green3d) #66

“Automatic Served Cold”
Pure Entry, 96 or more Eevee , Blender 2.8 Beta

Giving this another round of this challenge and this time i used Blender 2.8 for the first time and i got to say i am impressed on the interface and everything. So i get this idea in my head from a commercial i saw online and it have me thinking. what if robot’s take over simple jobs like food stores ? well what if they work on your favorite thing to serve. the fast and efferent way of the future.

P.S The flavors on this are Chocolate, Strawberry, Mint, and Vanilla. I really have fun with and Experiment with this one.

(Fortune Bowson) #67

Deserted Dessert on a Desert
Pure

(Helge) #68

Thanks! This also saves a lot of time. My original plan involved a zombie mob fighting about the muffin. But then it got late and I had to simplify the idea. :wink:

Thanks for mentioning this.:slight_smile: At first I was a little unsure on how to approach this. In the end, using a gradient texture node for blending from one shader to another, proved to be a very simple and easily adjustable solution.

@all: Great entries! Everyone seems to have been waiting for this theme to come along! So obviously, Josh chose wisely. :slight_smile:

(Millani) #69

Little Kiss

Pure entry. Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures.

I decided to render the only dessert I know how to make in real life. These are very popular Brazilian sweets, present in almost any children birthday party. The white one is called little kiss (it sounds much more awkward in English than in Portuguese) in most of Brazil.
It is often made with cocos instead of sugar, but sugar is easier to model :wink:

(Zachman) #70

Banana Pudding
Pure

Wow its been years since I tried one of these weekend challenges! Last time was #610 back in 2015 I think… I had a lot of fun! Great entries everyone! :slight_smile:

(FlyingBanana) #71

@Zachman you found my second weakness… Wow @MadeWithFeet wasn’t lying, this theme is bad for diets. I will take one of each entry please :stuck_out_tongue:

(Nitram_2000) #72

“Josh chose wisely.” An Indiana Jones reference? Or is it just me that said it in the old knights voice?

(joshwinkler3d) #73

I think the next theme should be Exercise :slight_smile:

(Nitram_2000) #74

Are you suggesting that us nerds need to get outside more? :smile:

(joshwinkler3d) #75

Especially after all this - then we can go back inside again :slight_smile:

(MadeWithFeet) #76

After watching all these, I feel like I am gonna be the first human to be diabetic by screen exposition… !

(Nitram_2000) #77

Luckily my four legged friend gets my pasty backside out of my dungeon every day.

(joshwinkler3d) #78

Digital sugar absorption - I think Zachman’s entry looks the healthiest so far

(Helge) #79

Indeed! Well spotted! :-):cowboy_hat_face:

(joshwinkler3d) #80