Challenge #807 (07/12/18) Entries CLOSED

(OLG) #36

lol. Me too. I still use 2.79 but 2.8 renders a lot quicker. So I build in 2.79 and if I remember I try to render in 2.8

I am practicing with 2.8 but I still have to hunt for all the stuff I need. It will take a while before I transition to 2.8.

(CarlG) #37

Yeah, old enough and recognize it (old Amiga dude).
This might be interesting for you. Not sure what happened to it though.

(Midnightcpu) #38

Lol, ya I noticed it renders faster :grinning:
But that’s a good idea using 2.79 to model and everything then move it over to 2.8 you can fine tune it in 2.8 while your trying to figure it out that’s what I just did imported from 2.79 and pushing buttons to find everything :grimacing:
Its making me think about the big end button :grimacing::dizzy_face:
Don’t ever push the big red button :grimacing::open_mouth::hushed:
Think I know why it renders faster did you look at the compression of the file mine was at 15%

Simplicity of spheres, non competing, pure blender 2.8 beta cycles

Challenge #807 Voting CLOSED
(Sparkwood and 21) #40

Simplicity.
Pure entry.

(Gourav) #41

Cubenet
Pure entry

Had fun doing it, had nothing in mind, started with a cube and ended with this.
looked ok for my pc wallpaper :thinking:

Shortcut
OPEN entry

Open entry because I used the fracture modifier addon.
The maze was made with a python script. That was the most interesting part of creating this scene. Although demolishing it using rigid body physics and the fracture modifier was also quite fun.

(Helge) #43

"Occam’s Razor"

non-competing (pure), cycles (512 samples + denoising)

My sons 3rd birthday, family visiting, a cold coming up - this one really had to be quick. :slight_smile:

(beau11) #44

Happy Birthday to @Helge’s son :smiley:

(RobertT) #45

Here is my non-competing entry:

OVER-SIMPLIFICATION

Pure Blender 2.79, Cycles render, only procedural textures.

RobertT

Minimalistic wallpaper open entry

this is my first time joining the challenge so feel free to correct me if i made any mistakes in my entry

(Ansaar13) #47

Lmao, am i allowed to place a 2d entry that i made in Blender 3D? Like none of the objects in the image itself have form, it’s all flat shapes.

(joshwinkler3d) #48

As long as it’s made in Blender - we’ve had entries that use grease pencil before.

(Ansaar13) #49

Okay cool, thank you :slight_smile:

(Ansaar13) #50

Brooklyn 99 Minimalist Poster

From the actual poster, cause i’m a massive fan.
An open and competing entry.

(joshwinkler3d) #51

Simpler Times

Pure - I had the bright idea of starting at pretty much the last possible moment AND using 2.8 which I have never used before. That was very confusing, couldn’t pull any decent results out of Eevee in the time either.

Fortunately my Tomb Raider knock-off can be seen from a good angle, posting the full image may break the illusion :slight_smile:

(Tim Simon Fox) #52

(david.speer) #53

Moonlight City.
Pure 1000 Samples.

(Millani) #54

Breaking Complexity

Pure entry. Everything made in Blender using only procedural textures.

I was going to say that this is a simple entry, but I’ll spare you the pun :slight_smile:
My entry is based on a fundamental concept of computer science, namely that of a Turing machine. This a mathematical formalization of what any computer can do. Surprisingly, even though the Turing machine only has a few operations (move forward and backward on a tape, write a symbol and read a symbol), it is as powerful (with respect to what it can compute) as any modern super computer.

(noki paike) #55

I believed it was a rendering …
but then I saw the details until the dust and the dirt and I realized it’s a photograph … it would have been too manic to create even the dust and the filthiness
:sweat_smile: