Challenge #807 (07/12/18) Entries CLOSED

Nice! Maybe you could desaturate the background a little so that the letters stand out more…

(icyou520) #5

Yea honestly that background makes no sense, the more I look at it I should of had the bubbles in a soda or something fizzy. I was in motivational poster mindset. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Well I feel very motivated I do say, but that might be the 6 coffees this morning :rofl:

(Midnightcpu) #7

Lol that’s funny I was thinking of making something simple this week😂

(MadeWithFeet) #8

How ? Theme isn’t banana, heresy ! I’m curious to see how people will make simplicity … simple or complicated.

(LeighAH) #9

Title: Strength

Pure Entry

Rendered at 2500 samples, no denoising. Some color balancing in Blender compositor and a couple of fireflies removed in PS.

Challenge #807 Voting CLOSED
(Nitram_2000) #10

Nice stuff already guys. I’m really glad I got back into Blender the last few weeks. I have another idea but a) I have zero time this weekend, and b) it would involve sculpting a bust. No chance of that happening. Maybe I’ll finally figure out how the grease pencil works and do a sketch instead. As usually, it depends on the time.

(Midnightcpu) #11

ok, I got an idea it might take me the whole time to do it though :scream:
its so crazy it just might work :crazy_face:

(SystemAgnostic) #12

I am entirely too proud of this one. I’m not sure how many folks on this forum are old enough to have seen this when it first came out, or indeed to even recognize it. Nobody back then could have imaged something like Blender. We were just happy to see a Simple Juggler.

Simple Juggler

Pure Entry

(edited on 12/7: adjusted contrast & curves, light size, and put his left foot on the ground)

(Zachman) #13

I definitely recognize it! Love it! :slight_smile:

(Midnightcpu) #14

Ok your going to have to wear shades to look at my render because it is so cool​:sunglasses::yum:

(Francisco Charrua) #15

Just remember: never go full simplicity :wink:

(FlyingBanana) #16

OMGOMG Go AMIGA!!! :smiley: I did the Iconic Amiga ball a while back.

(FlyingBanana) #17

Well I tried to squeeze in time between bank issues and the house remodel but afraid I won’t have time to finish and render out an entry before the deadline so I might continue this as a wip instead. Great entries everyone.

(Midnightcpu) #18

Lol ya I’m using custom nodes I made that no one has in blender
It’s over the top simplicity :grin::sunglasses::yum::smirk:

(https://za.pinterest.com/GrimZAA/) #19

Not sure if i am going to take part (new Path Of Exile league releases today) but i am thinking of going with a minimalist bedroom. My room is so cluttered and has a dark blue paint job (which i thought was a good idea at the time)

I’m thinking of taking pictures of my room and then running it though FSpy before modeling it, most furniture sites have measurements of their…furniture so it should be pretty fun redesigning my room.

(deltaray) #20

The Juggler from the Amiga. Something you might appreciate from my Youtube channel is an old 2d animation of the 3d juggler meeting “Juggette”. It was at the end of a video of amateur animations from people like us back in 1990. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJVjLV1Z6Fc&t=172

I think many of you would appreciate the whole video as it’s from a much simpler time of 3D animation. It starts here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2WbusNJie8 because I had to post it in 10 minute segments Youtube only allowed that at the time. Keep in mind that these animations were good enough at the time to make it onto a video that people paid $20 for and it was a contest so the winner received $500, 2nd place $200 or something like that. I think the Fe O Mars like animation won first place among the competing entries.

(SystemAgnostic) #21

I’m glad there are Amiga aficionados here. :grinning:
And I remember Amiga World magazine! Thanks for sharing!

(jachher) #22

TItle: Distinction

Simple scene made of simpole shapes, with simple materials. Altoether, simplistic model :smiley:
pure entry
Let me know, if you have any tips or ideas about the composition. It’s one of the most fascinating aspects of art (for me at least) and the one I am not very good at (I mean, I’ve got the basics, but that’s about it). I really tried to make it work this time.
edit: Thanks for your opinions Millani, I especialy like the raised ground

(Millani) #23

The red cube is working as the focal point, and the subtle white lines leading to it also help. It is, however, rather small. You could either make it bigger or add some variation around it (maybe make the floor there higher?). Also, there is almost no variation in lighting (and also no shadows, which is weird). I would recommend making either the background or the foreground darker, maybe add a spotlight around the red cube.

Did you consider putting another colourful cube in the background?