Challenge #807 (07/12/18) Entries CLOSED

Theme #807 for Friday 7th of December 2018 is:

Simplicity

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Dec 10, 2018 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Simple shapes with the most basic of colour palettes. The idea came quite easily (I even toyed with the idea of just rendering out the default scene and submitting that :stuck_out_tongue: ). Saying that, I did play with different arrays and materials to try and make it fancier, but, in the end, I decided to keep it simple :wink:

Title - “Building blocks”
Pure entry - 500 samples.

2 Likes

Koka Kola:

Pure 1500 samples, CC in PS, my original image was bothering me because it made no sense, and the idea of a motivational poster was poorly executed. :face_vomiting:

Motivational Poster :VOID: (really dumb idea)

8 Likes

Nice! Maybe you could desaturate the background a little so that the letters stand out more…

1 Like

Yea honestly that background makes no sense, the more I look at it I should of had the bubbles in a soda or something fizzy. I was in motivational poster mindset. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Well I feel very motivated I do say, but that might be the 6 coffees this morning :rofl:

2 Likes

Lol that’s funny I was thinking of making something simple this week😂

How ? Theme isn’t banana, heresy ! I’m curious to see how people will make simplicity … simple or complicated.

1 Like

Title: Strength

Pure Entry

Rendered at 2500 samples, no denoising. Some color balancing in Blender compositor and a couple of fireflies removed in PS.

6 Likes

Nice stuff already guys. I’m really glad I got back into Blender the last few weeks. I have another idea but a) I have zero time this weekend, and b) it would involve sculpting a bust. No chance of that happening. Maybe I’ll finally figure out how the grease pencil works and do a sketch instead. As usually, it depends on the time.

ok, I got an idea it might take me the whole time to do it though :scream:
its so crazy it just might work :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I am entirely too proud of this one. I’m not sure how many folks on this forum are old enough to have seen this when it first came out, or indeed to even recognize it. Nobody back then could have imaged something like Blender. We were just happy to see a Simple Juggler.

Simple Juggler

Pure Entry

(edited on 12/7: adjusted contrast & curves, light size, and put his left foot on the ground)

5 Likes

I definitely recognize it! Love it! :slight_smile:

Ok your going to have to wear shades to look at my render because it is so cool​:sunglasses::yum:

Just remember: never go full simplicity :wink:

1 Like

OMGOMG Go AMIGA!!! :smiley: I did the Iconic Amiga ball a while back.

2 Likes

Well I tried to squeeze in time between bank issues and the house remodel but afraid I won’t have time to finish and render out an entry before the deadline so I might continue this as a wip instead. Great entries everyone.

5 Likes

Lol ya I’m using custom nodes I made that no one has in blender
It’s over the top simplicity :grin::sunglasses::yum::smirk:

1 Like

Not sure if i am going to take part (new Path Of Exile league releases today) but i am thinking of going with a minimalist bedroom. My room is so cluttered and has a dark blue paint job (which i thought was a good idea at the time)

I’m thinking of taking pictures of my room and then running it though FSpy before modeling it, most furniture sites have measurements of their…furniture so it should be pretty fun redesigning my room.

The Juggler from the Amiga. Something you might appreciate from my Youtube channel is an old 2d animation of the 3d juggler meeting “Juggette”. It was at the end of a video of amateur animations from people like us back in 1990. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJVjLV1Z6Fc&t=172

I think many of you would appreciate the whole video as it’s from a much simpler time of 3D animation. It starts here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2WbusNJie8 because I had to post it in 10 minute segments Youtube only allowed that at the time. Keep in mind that these animations were good enough at the time to make it onto a video that people paid $20 for and it was a contest so the winner received $500, 2nd place $200 or something like that. I think the Fe O Mars like animation won first place among the competing entries.

2 Likes