Challenge #808 (14/12/18) Entries CLOSED

(Midnightcpu) #14

I keep the cycles render going when I’m looking at my scene it might be where I’m using a laptop🤔
It only does it when I’m rendering and working on my nodes in cycles and when my computer goes into screen saver mode it stops rendering and when I get out of screen saver mode the render is frozen and I have to go back to rendering again

(Anders Pedersen) #15

Finally a topic that suits me very much, I’ll get right to it this weekend :slight_smile:

(joshwinkler3d) #16

I know what you mean, the old Blender did that with me - I use a laptop too. Will have to keep testing out 2.8 more. Also, you still have screen savers? Or is that just a power saving mode? I remember Windows used to have screensavers.

(lacrivilho) #17

Into the west
pure
cycles 1024 samples

I decided to recreate the ending scene of the lord of the rings, where the last ship of the elves sets sail to the undying lands in the west.

Challenge #808 Voting CLOSED
(GIPeN) #18

:open_mouth: that was my first thought too, setting sails to Valinor

(OLG) #19

Party in Paradise

Non-competing

Cycles, 2000 samples, filmic, cloth physics, Graswald ($), MBLabs, reused wine bottle and glass from my library of models I’ve done in the past, otherwise all new models. External filters for border and contrast.

Took about 5 hours to model in 2.79 and 3 hours to render in 2.8. Inspired by old fashioned holiday posts cards.

(FlyingBanana) #20

Wouldn’t it be easier since right now they can’t post the winner from a voting thread to just use the entry page entry of the winner since there is no voting there?

(Midnightcpu) #21

Ya still have screensavers on win 10 I use it to save power.
Have a quad core processor, 4gig memory with a touch screen tried using the HD touch screen to sculpt with but, it keeps releasing during the sculpting so I us my tablet and pen with the mouse when I scult.
It’s a big scene I might not finish it by Monday I’m using layers in 2.8 to try and speed it up a little more.
A few of the loop tools don’t work either like circle and square.
I might uninstall and reinstall it to see if that helps it after I finish my scene might not have finished unzipping when I shut my computer off.

I tried moving the mesh tools from 2.79 to see if it would fix them it didn’t work unless I did something wrong :grin: :smirk:

(purbosky) #22

WIP: airship with fish fins, yummy.

808-wip1

(purbosky) #23

It’s already been taken care of.

(Midnightcpu) #24

This is part of what I’m working on :smirk::open_mouth::hushed:

What thou think :thinking:

(FlyingBanana) #25

Yeah, I just noticed that after I posted it and then scrolled back up to the top and seen there was a notification and the winner was also shown in feature row.

(FlyingBanana) #26

Now lets see if I can get one finished this time around.
Noncompeting Entry

" setting sail with banana boat tours "

(Francisco Charrua) #27

NWSE

Pure entry: 1000 samples.

(3dnotguru) #28

Hello,
This is my PURE entry “SAILOR1” Cycles 1024s. Based on NASA’s light sail research projects. Envoirment map https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/3895

(Michael George) #29

i call this render: “Rocket Ship on a small Grassy Planet in Outer Space”

I’m kinda new to this challenge, maybe someone can help me out? I’m not sure if this render should be Pure or Open. The rocket ship is 100% mine, but the grass is a sample for Blender Guru’s Grass Essentials. However, i did make my own material for it. Thoughts? Pure or Open?

(Helge) #30

Nice choice. Let me add something to the mix. :slight_smile:

(Helge) #31

"Passengers"

non competing (pure), cycles (512 samples + denoising)

Previous versions:

(Green3d) #32

WIP

I Just need to figure out how to make or visulize the sail in the boat.

(str11) #33

Powerfully!
How long did the render last,is it eevee?