Challenge #809 (21/12/18) Entries CLOSED

(purbosky) #6

Should everything else fails, @Millani’s suggestion could be one good contingency plan. :grinning:

(Nitram_2000) #7

My last 18 months of listening to Synthwave has me stoked for this one :smile:

(Midnightcpu) #8

Lol ya, I think I got 1 or 2 ideas one is faster than the other but, knowing me I’ll go with the longer one and I might put the Z in it to :joy:

(Midnightcpu) #9

I got a surprise for you guys this challenge I created something in blender not yet made you might like it when you see it :smirk: :grin:
It works in Eevee to :open_mouth::hushed:

(FlyingBanana) #10

Ohhhhh a Christmas present! Can’t wait to see.

(FlyingBanana) #11

Ok rather than delete this I will just list this as a

Non-Competing Entry

Challenge #809 Voting CLOSED
(Midnightcpu) #12

Lol, its something I tried once a long time go as far as I know noone has done it yet I got it to work yesterday I was like :dizzy_face::hushed::open_mouth::grin::smirk::no_mouth::grimacing::massage_woman::sunglasses::yum::scream::speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::see_no_evil::ok_woman:
Mine is going to be open too I’ll be using make human for my scene everything else will be blender its a big one like a city block.
I did a city block once for a competition and used make human then did everything else in blender.:thinking:

(https://za.pinterest.com/GrimZAA/) #13

Kinda thought about doing something like the Akali skin in League Of Legends.

(Nitram_2000) #14

So, my scene is taking shape, but I’m wondering if anyone knows if you can put a gradient on an emission shader with different colours.

I have five different colours in my neon palette I would like to blend them from left to right in an emission shader. Any ideas?

I have a backup plan, but I would rather try that first.

(Peetie) #15

Do you mean like this:?
Gradient

(Francisco Charrua) #16

Protector of the Realm

Pure entry, one kilosample!

Circles and rings, dragons and kings
Weaving a charm and a spell
Blessed by the night, holy and bright
Called by the toll of the bell
Bloodied angels fast descending
Moving on a never-bending light
Phantom figures free forever
Out of shadows, shining ever-bright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn-5-9-V1k0 :slight_smile:

(Nitram_2000) #17

Thanks, I’ll give that a go.

Edit: That’s exactly what was needed, but, after trying my backup plan, I’m going with that. Looks way cooler :smiley: Thanks for the tips regardless.

(Jerzy Górski) #18

you could do it like that. image

(RobertT) #19

A work-in-progress image from the 3D view…

It will be a cute bioluminescent creature dreaming deep undersea.

RobertT

Challenge #808 Voting CLOSED
(PyBlend) #20

Just for fun, here is an easy, dynamic-ish gradient setup.

You can change the range of the gradient either by scaling the empty object, or by changing Z value for the dot product. :slight_smile:
Also if you change it from dot product to cross product you get a cool beam/line gradient.

(Nitram_2000) #21

Love it as usual man! Inspirational as always.

(OLG) #22

Neon Eye

Non-competing

Cycles, 3000 samples, filmic, hdri lighting

I struggled with this theme a lot but it did force me to get into material nodes. So a positive, I am slowly learning material making. Material based on Barsbek Bektur procedural eye tut.

Originally I was going to have an eye reflect a neon sign but it looked really flat. I then tried several hdri and the result was more pleasing to me. So not quite neon but it captured a sun lit scene which is the best florescent source that there is.

Used blender compositor for the final image using Kirsh and glare filters primarily and Paintshop Pro for vignette and minor contrast correction.

I everyone, it’s the first time I will participate to the weekend Challenge. I am rendering an image but I am not able to render it correctly with less than 250KB like it is asked in the rules. When I do, the resolution is bad. I saw some pictures with more than 250KB. Did I not understand something in the rules?

Thanks for your replies!

(Photox) #24

Oh those are old rules, you can submit whatever you want. Welcome!

(Nitram_2000) #25

Oh man, I’m so excited about my entry, yet I’m undecided on one crucial element. I’m waiting on a response from two good friends to see which they like best but I just want to upload something right now!!! :smiley:

It’s my birthday also, so I’m a little giddy today :stuck_out_tongue: