Challenge #809 (21/12/18) Entries CLOSED

Theme #809 for Friday 21th of December 2018 is:

Neon dream

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Dec 24, 2018 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

Letter A

1 Like

Pure blender (cycles, compositing),
Title: Suzanne’s nightmare.
Changed plan, going for Suzanna having a nightmare instead. Have no more time this weekend so its my last attempt. Used fluid simulation, filmic with high contrast, Cycles, Blender 2.8 and some compositing nodes to get a dreamy effect.

2 Likes

I hope someone posts a Z on the last minute, just to say that the entries go from A to Z. :smiley:

4 Likes

OK, you got me im stumped on this one :dizzy_face: :grimacing: :open_mouth: :no_mouth::hushed: might take me a little while to figure this one out :thinking:???

Should everything else fails, @Millani’s suggestion could be one good contingency plan. :grinning:

My last 18 months of listening to Synthwave has me stoked for this one :smile:

Lol ya, I think I got 1 or 2 ideas one is faster than the other but, knowing me I’ll go with the longer one and I might put the Z in it to :joy:

I got a surprise for you guys this challenge I created something in blender not yet made you might like it when you see it :smirk: :grin:
It works in Eevee to :open_mouth::hushed:

1 Like

Ohhhhh a Christmas present! Can’t wait to see.

Ok rather than delete this I will just list this as a

Non-Competing Entry

1 Like

Lol, its something I tried once a long time go as far as I know noone has done it yet I got it to work yesterday I was like :dizzy_face::hushed::open_mouth::grin::smirk::no_mouth::grimacing::massage_woman::sunglasses::yum::scream::speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::see_no_evil::ok_woman:
Mine is going to be open too I’ll be using make human for my scene everything else will be blender its a big one like a city block.
I did a city block once for a competition and used make human then did everything else in blender.:thinking:

Kinda thought about doing something like the Akali skin in League Of Legends.

1 Like

So, my scene is taking shape, but I’m wondering if anyone knows if you can put a gradient on an emission shader with different colours.

I have five different colours in my neon palette I would like to blend them from left to right in an emission shader. Any ideas?

I have a backup plan, but I would rather try that first.

Do you mean like this:?
Gradient

1 Like

Protector of the Realm

Pure entry, one kilosample!

Circles and rings, dragons and kings
Weaving a charm and a spell
Blessed by the night, holy and bright
Called by the toll of the bell
Bloodied angels fast descending
Moving on a never-bending light
Phantom figures free forever
Out of shadows, shining ever-bright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn-5-9-V1k0 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll give that a go.

Edit: That’s exactly what was needed, but, after trying my backup plan, I’m going with that. Looks way cooler :smiley: Thanks for the tips regardless.

you could do it like that. image

A work-in-progress image from the 3D view…

It will be a cute bioluminescent creature dreaming deep undersea.

RobertT

8 Likes

Just for fun, here is an easy, dynamic-ish gradient setup.

You can change the range of the gradient either by scaling the empty object, or by changing Z value for the dot product. :slight_smile:
Also if you change it from dot product to cross product you get a cool beam/line gradient.

1 Like