Challenge #810 (28/12/18) Entries CLOSED

(GIPeN) #32

I agree, also revise the UVs they look stretched in the edge bumpers

(FlyingBanana) #33

@Peaceful.Whale here is a thread that has a decent starting point showing nodesto make a starter procedural felt like material.

(Gourav) #34

Red Lip
Pure
Blender 2.80, Cycles render, 1000 samples + denoiser

Its Lipstick kiss, hoping its related to the topic. :slightly_smiling_face: :lips:

Challenge #810 Voting CLOSED
(Photox) #35

"Shattered"
Non-competing.

(purbosky) #36

Don’t Kiss Me Goodbye

Non-competing and open entry. Cycles 256 samples + denoising, procedural textures and compositor. Used MBL add-on for the hand, the girl portrait is taken from earlier 2D work: Illusory Waters.

Kinda busy and tired, scrapped two earlier ideas as it seems too much work so here’s a quick and meh entry instead.

(Nitram_2000) #37

Here is my entry.

“The Artist”
Pure
Cycles - 1000 samples, denoised.

The first thing I thought of when I read the title theme was Prince, so I created this little version of his insignia. I played with a velvet material for a while but I couldn’t get it looking like I wanted it to look. So, here is my first ever play with the hair system. I have to say, I really like the result. Maybe I’ll have to create some fuzzy dice for more fun. My crappy modelling means that the fur isn’t really all that even :slight_smile:

I just realised that, when viewed upside down, it’s a little bit phallic :joy:

(Midnightcpu) #38

i might not enter this week im R&Ring but this is what Im working on if I finish
i call it kissing spirits

Street Kiss at Night
OPEN entry

Human models created with Manual Bastioni lab addon. House model and lamp post models from BlendSwap (www.blendswap.com/blends/view/72255, www.blendswap.com/blends/view/92253).

(Cannon980) #40

heres my pure entry, decided to go with hershy kisses.

(Helge) #41

Brilliant, isn’t it? :wink:

Very nice! So, if someone kisses the frog, it will turn into The Demon?

(Helge) #42

"Escaping The Kiss Of Death"

non-competing (pure), cycles (512 samples+denoising)

Speaking of a kisses of death…:

This is really pretty!

(Midnightcpu) #44

Thank you :grin:
The character model has 2,000,000 verts and
unriggable that’s the only problem I have.
Need to make a low poly version and bake the
hi-res to the low res will take to long where been R&Ring and it still needs hands and feet :see_no_evil::speak_no_evil::thinking:

(RobertT) #45

Here is my non-competing entry:

ABSENT

Pure Blender 2.79, Cycles render, procedural textures + image texture made in GIMP.

The title, having multiple meanings here, is also intended to reference the lack of a mouth on the robot (which I mentioned in my earlier WIP post above).

Image in the left background is an inexact approximation of the world-famous 1908 artwork by Gustav Klimt (Der Kuss, or, The Kiss):

RobertT

(Francisco Charrua) #46

from green to Gene :wink:

(Millani) #47

Haha, reminds me of that scene from Lady and the Tramp.

Is the critter escaping an attempt to eat it, or getting in the way of a kiss? :slight_smile:

The only thing I’m missing is a heart-shaped background.

(3dnotguru) #48

Hello,
This is my PURE entry for this week.
Cycles 512s. I know it is hard to see here but lot of texture painting and particle systems have been used :wink:

(derosaron1) #49

Here’s my image, it is a Pure one. Everything was made in Blender with the ManuelBastioniLab-add-on.
I call it “Surprise Kiss”. I don’t have my own website seeing as I do this as a hobby. But I thought I’d post
any way.

Render with Cycles
128 samples and denoise.

(ar2) #50

Hi,

here is my first entry for a weekend challenge on BA.
It’s a 3d-interpretation of a painting done by Pablo Picasso (Le baiser, 1929).
It’s pure blender with only procedural textures, just used Gimp to convert it in to jpg.

Hi everyone,
Here is my entry for the week. I worked a loot with the procedural textures and the particule systems for this image. It was very fun (and hard).
Happy new year!

Bisou de pieuvre (octopus’ kiss)

Pure entry