Challenge #810 (28/12/18) Entries CLOSED

(Helge) #41

Brilliant, isn’t it? :wink:

Very nice! So, if someone kisses the frog, it will turn into The Demon?

(Helge) #42

"Escaping The Kiss Of Death"

non-competing (pure), cycles (512 samples+denoising)

Speaking of a kisses of death…:

Challenge #810 Voting CLOSED

This is really pretty!

(Midnightcpu) #44

Thank you :grin:
The character model has 2,000,000 verts and
unriggable that’s the only problem I have.
Need to make a low poly version and bake the
hi-res to the low res will take to long where been R&Ring and it still needs hands and feet :see_no_evil::speak_no_evil::thinking:

(RobertT) #45

Here is my non-competing entry:

ABSENT

Pure Blender 2.79, Cycles render, procedural textures + image texture made in GIMP.

The title, having multiple meanings here, is also intended to reference the lack of a mouth on the robot (which I mentioned in my earlier WIP post above).

Image in the left background is an inexact approximation of the world-famous 1908 artwork by Gustav Klimt (Der Kuss, or, The Kiss):

RobertT

(Francisco Charrua) #46

from green to Gene :wink:

(Millani) #47

Haha, reminds me of that scene from Lady and the Tramp.

Is the critter escaping an attempt to eat it, or getting in the way of a kiss? :slight_smile:

The only thing I’m missing is a heart-shaped background.

(3dnotguru) #48

Hello,
This is my PURE entry for this week.
Cycles 512s. I know it is hard to see here but lot of texture painting and particle systems have been used :wink:

(derosaron1) #49

Here’s my image, it is a Pure one. Everything was made in Blender with the ManuelBastioniLab-add-on.
I call it “Surprise Kiss”. I don’t have my own website seeing as I do this as a hobby. But I thought I’d post
any way.

Render with Cycles
128 samples and denoise.

(ar2) #50

Hi,

here is my first entry for a weekend challenge on BA.
It’s a 3d-interpretation of a painting done by Pablo Picasso (Le baiser, 1929).
It’s pure blender with only procedural textures, just used Gimp to convert it in to jpg.

Hi everyone,
Here is my entry for the week. I worked a loot with the procedural textures and the particule systems for this image. It was very fun (and hard).
Happy new year!

Bisou de pieuvre (octopus’ kiss)

Pure entry

(Millani) #52

I know the rules are very unclear with respect to add-ons, but most will agree that, if you use ManuelBastioniLab or something similar to generate a complex mesh, then you’ll probably want to call your entry open.

On a side note, adding your own image to your own image was quite funny :slight_smile:

(Helge) #53

@derosaron1: Of course, I don’t know for sure, how big a role ManuelBastioniLab played in the making of this entry. But, if you don’t mind and for the sake of fairness, I’ll add it to the ‘open’ category.
If I’m mistaken, just let me know. Changing the category is one of the few things I can still do after the voting has been started. :slight_smile:

(Helge) #54

I thought it was escaping, but now that you say it… :slight_smile:
Maybe I should have added some motion lines.

It is too late for that now, but I guess, there is always another year. :slight_smile:

Wow 2 million :O. I think my laptop would literally explode lol. I am still really new to Blender so you lost me at baking, but good luck sorting out the rigging issues :D!

(3dnotguru) #56

Untill one use addon like this one below it can be PURE for me :wink:

(Millani) #57

What happens if two people use the add-on at the same week? Undefined behaviour? :smiley:

(Helge) #58

It will probably turn them into one person immediately. :wink:

(Francisco Charrua) #59

I have issues, as most people know, with the Manuel Bastioni entries that are labeled pure. I might vote for such and entry though, if it has other elements that make up for the use of premade models. Even a pure entry that I deem as open may get a vote from me, if it stands up as an open entry.

(Millani) #60

Fill the Vacuum in my Heart

Pure entry. Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures used.

In space, no one can hear you smooch :kiss: