Challenge #811 (04/01/19) Entries CLOSED

Theme #811 for Friday 4th of January 2019 is:

Tools of the trade

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jan 7, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

I might be able to make something for this one :thinking:
Alot of verity in this challenge :yum::drooling_face:

Pure Entry calling it…

" Cue Smithing "

For those that are not sure what a cue lathe looks like this is one of the reference photos I am modeling off of.

http://69.175.117.190/old/images/WalkingCaneLathe008b.jpg

4 Likes

Just a question, does texturing on substance class your entry as open? Or is that okay as a pure entry as it is just the texturing stage?

Good theme. might have an idea.

On the Verge

Pure entry: 1000 samples. It’s up on my site http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Tools-of-the-Trade.On-the-Verge.html.

3 Likes

Hi think I got something for this one its right in front of me.
Not alot of texturing to do on it either mostly hard surface modeling :yum::hushed::smirk::grin::drooling_face::scream:.
Built it from parts electronics and all.

It kind of depends on how much of the piece it covers. Pureness is ultimately your call, but the vast majority of the work should be done in Blender for it to be called pure.

Blender is a tool right? :smile:

Pure

14 Likes

XD I love it!
Thanks a lot for stealing it though :frowning:

I have a feeling a lot of folks had this idea :joy:

Not sure if I’ll have time for an entry, but I’ll see. Maybe I can knock something out on Sunday.

1 Like

Hello,
This is my PURE entry “Best tool”. Blender Cycles 512s. Sculpting, texture painting and bump mapping in huge dose with this. I hope to see creative entries this week.

7 Likes

@3dnotguru nice, think you hit the nail on the head there. :wink: Guess I went too literal with my entry this week. Oh well it is still fun regardless.

You nailed it! Marvelous XD

Very nice.

I’m just going to stop my overcomplicated model of a laptop with Blender on the screen then because you got me beat. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks, but stealing what? I’m new to this so I don’t know if i broke some unspoken rule or something :sweat_smile:

That is a beautiful post.

1 Like

Thanks, yeah it seems like a lot of people had this idea, my scene is quite simple so I’m sure you can take it to the next level, good luck. :smile:

Nah seriously, yours is a much better idea than my own. It gets the idea across more creatively and with less fuss and is just a more pleasing image.

1 Like

Worry not, it’s just that when other people submitted something with similar idea earlier than you the originality wouldn’t feel the same. Still, however, one same idea can be shaped differently. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like