Challenge #811 (04/01/19) Entries CLOSED

(Photox) #59

"Crafted"

Non-competing.

tools_trade_28

Challenge #811 Voting CLOSED

Nice job, I tried many times to produce this lighting effect and I wasn’t able to make it look so good.

Here is my pure entry : everything made in Blender (I used Gimp for the border. If not ok for the pure entry, please let me know). I learned how to use sculting and hair particle system for this entry and I maneged to resist ragequitting in the middle.

The ultimate tool

Money is the tool with which you can do everything and anything. But is it good?.. (dramatic tatata music) :slight_smile:

(GIPeN) #62

Nice and clean, I think the blender eraser will give you the victory :smiley:

(Midnightcpu) #63

If blender crashes on you open it an go straight to recover auto save
You might be a few steps back but it will gt you back to where you about was

(RobertT) #64

Here is my non-competing entry:

FLAT-HEAD DREAD

Pure Blender 2.79, Cycles render, only procedural textures.

RobertT

(FlyingBanana) #65

Alanis Morissette " isn’t it ironic " is playing in my head now. " it’s like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife " :slight_smile:

(FlyingBanana) #66

@Photox glad I am not the only one that went towards wood working.

(Midnightcpu) #67

I might make two versions of my render so don’t forget your red & cayan glasses :yum::grin::scream::drooling_face::hushed::smirk::dizzy_face::sunglasses:

(Nitram_2000) #68

When I reopened Blender, I got distracted and the auto save file had already been overwritten with the file I just opened again :see_no_evil:

(Midnightcpu) #69

I did it before was working oona Ford model T making a rat rod chopped the top and built the frame made the interior and everything never saved the whole time then it crashed on me and I did the same thing you did lost everything on that file :dizzy_face::see_no_evil::nerd_face::sob::cold_sweat::fearful:

(RayVelcoro) #70

Love ur entry! Give it a somewhat more distinguished lighting and it will blast of ur screen.

(Michael Cabatingan) #71

Pure (everything is created by me accept for the wood texture :stuck_out_tongue:

5 hours to render. 500 samples and a tiny bit a denoting. (rip my 10 year old laptop)
i think i shouldn’t have had the plane. Its supposed to look like a table, its a thin layer of glass then wood. The glass just makes everything more noisy, and you can’t even tell it’s there. Oh Well :man_shrugging:

(Michael Cabatingan) #72

(It says that pure is mostly everything made by you, so I think using a texture off poliigon for the ground is ok. It’s not important to the scene)

(Millani) #73

Thank you. I used basically a standard volume scatter + absorption shader and a sunlight. I suppose the most important part of volumetrics is to have objects blocking the light partially.

(purbosky) #74

Thanks @GIPeN, glad you recognize the eraser, it’s actually the simplest and fastest modeled element in the scene, lol. I think there are still many other better renders though.

Thanks too @RayVelcoro for the suggestion. In fact I was somewhat struggling with the lighting. Might gonna tweak it later on after the challenge. :slightly_smiling_face:

(david.speer) #75

Stage For a New Dawn

Pure - 2000 Samples
Compositing performed in blender.

(Green3d) #76

“Man of Tools” Pure entry

Pure entry modeled in 2.79 and render eveee in 2.8 500 samples all materiel in blender with some HDRI Lighting and PBR texturing for the table

I thinking some more tools but didn’t have enough time, so at least join in on the challenge. :smiley:

(Midnightcpu) #77

Here’s my entry I’ll call it the creation from 3d to existance
I’m going pure with this one

Cycles 1500 samples

Denoise

Two maskes in blender uv image editor one for the custom light ray made in blender and the other for the vingue made in blender

Procedral textures

Composited in blender

“Tools case”
Pure
Cycles, 310 Samples
not happy with the materials, but no time for corrections…