Challenge #812 (11/01/19) Entries CLOSED

Theme #812 for Friday 11th of January 2019 is:

My Hometown

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jan 14, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This one sounds a little tough I might be able to pull it off. :thinking:
I live in a city. :fearful::yum::drooling_face::dizzy_face:

Frozen in Time

Open entry. I started this as an entry to the Weekly CGC, whose deadline I missed. I saved it for an appropriate WC. Elements were also taken from:
http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Winter-Memory.Winter-Stop.html
http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Party.House.html
http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Under-the-Guardrail.Over-the-Boardwalk.html
http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Night-City-Lights.Outside.html

3 Likes

So the theme is @Helge’s hometown? :slight_smile:

I suppose it must be filled with fluffy animals, lizards and insects :smiley:

4 Likes

oooh, I has cool idea… But no time >.<

Ok I am having a hard time with this one as I grew up a military brat and have lived all over the place. But Columbus Ohio was where I was born so do I go with that or where the other 4 push pins are in Florida? * beats my head against the wall *

Actually, your own hometown. But please interpret the theme as broad as you like. :slight_smile:

Sorry for the confusion there.

This is my fictional hometown being looked at in the future.

I gave myself 2 hours to finish this (currently at 2 hours and 15 minutes).

Hometown Hologram:

Open - Eevee - Digital Panels are images added in PS

10 Likes

Ok I did end up deciding on my hometown. Columbus Ohio. And this is the pre-rendering. For those that are not familiar with Ohio, it is also known as the Buckeye State. Buckeye is a type of tree that is found throughout the midwest of the USA and it’s nut was once used for tanning but the nut itself and the leaf is poisonous to animals and humans. There is also a candy that spawned from the Buckeye nut that is a chocolate ball with the top section left open and then filled with peanut butter fudge. The Buckeye leaf is often mistaken by people that don’t know the difference as a marijuana leaf.

Pure entry Filmic used going to call this one…

“Pick Your Poison”

5 Likes

how can i submit my entry. I don’t know Please help me…

Just hit the magic button, Felixzs

upload

1 Like

thanks a lot…

Well there are easier and more effective ways, how much Bitcoin do you have?

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: About keyword flagging on Blender Artists

Don’t even think about it @Millani ! :wink:

1 Like

I thought that being able to make @Helge state any sentence in first person was already a cool (evil) thing that the winner can do, but getting him auto-moderated really takes it to the next level :slight_smile:

I wonder which other words get auto-moderated… :thinking:

1 Like

Here we go I guess
Edit: forget stuff…

Pure, 25 square samples I think, with a little bit of denoting.

4 Likes

Had to be quick, but here we go: :slight_smile:

“Old Hometown”

non-competing (pure), cycles (128 samples)

5 Likes

An Everyday, Boring sight

Pure Entry - All in Blender, Filmic used

A perfectly normal, everyday post office with nothing really particular special about it. Dunno why I decided to model a post office of all things.

4 Likes

City Icon

Pure entry. Cycles 256 samples + denoising, using procedural textures. Clouds BG, effects and finishing done in GIMP (as I ran out of free time…).

Featuring iconic landmark on my hometown :

Making those little details took more time than I thought. Had to discard some ideas like buildings in the background and vehicle light effects. Had to search for Javanese script font first for the inscription on the monument, got fooled with some fake ones before finally found the correct one, lol… (which I then used for the watermark instead).

Raw render :

8 Likes