Challenge #813 (18/01/19) Entries CLOSED

(Martynas Žiemys) #8

That’s one nice topic. I think I will attempt to find time to participate this time if I can. …maybe. :smiley: I would really like to.

(OLG) #9

Nefarious Victorian Night Predator

Non-competing

Cycles, 3000 samples, filmic, ($) Photorealistic Eye generator, Paintshop Pro

I used the second definition for nefarious: “impious, evil”. Apropos to the living undead.

Re-used some elements from my library. The gothic cross is from my cnc pattern library and the top hat is an old element. The head started as a base mesh which I then sculpted.

Challenge #813 Voting CLOSED
(Helge) #10

grafik

Not sure where this will lead me. We’ll see. :slight_smile:

(Francisco Charrua) #11

Split

If not for the freezing weather, I would have watched glass this weekend. As you can see, my sinister character is now wearing one :wink:

Edit: Anyone know of a good hair tutorial? I’m not very happy with my ability to create decent hair / fur.
Still unhappy with the hair: Will keep working on that.

(FlyingBanana) #12

I am seeing that as well. Scrapped my entry unless I come up and get a different idea modeled in time.

(FlyingBanana) #13

Ok I am just too stubborn and quickly threw it together to get something entered.
This is my pure entry. 100% Cycles all procedural and going to call it…

" I Want To Believe "

(Helge) #14

I noticed that as well. :wink: I just hope it will not stop anyone from going on in that direction.

(Bhuvaneshwaran) #15

what is the perfect meaning for nefarious.

(Helge) #16

That is a little hard to tell as meanings may differ and each of them is valid, nevertheless.
[I had to look it up, too. ;-)]

I like this one:

The wiktionary definition is also very helpful:

Sinful, villainous, criminal, or wicked, especially when noteworthy or notorious for such characteristics.

(Bhuvaneshwaran) #17

ohh ok i thought nefarious means evil, deadly, like that…

(Helge) #18

To me, this doesn’t seem to be wrong. I guess, it depends on the circumstances. Which is one of the nice aspects of this theme - there are so many possibilities. The hard part is to decide which way to go. :slight_smile:

(Marc) #19

Pure Cycles (2.79)

First contest I joined ever! (Doing blender for a maybe a quarter)

Im not an english motherspeaker, so i had to look nefarious up, i found out thats its like a synonym for bad, so here is one nefarious thing everybody had done !

Take it with humour!

(Bhuvaneshwaran) #20

omg; really nefrarious

(FlyingBanana) #21

Now that is picking a winner to a whole new level.

(Bhuvaneshwaran) #22

Burning nefarious skull:

Pure Cycles (2.79).
Skull - Blender modelling (4 hrs).
Flame&smoke - fire+smoke simulation.
Embers - particle system.
Samples. - 350.
Resolution - 1080x1080.

(Millani) #23

In my opinion, this:

(Marc) #24

I see what you did there :smirk:

(Midnightcpu) #25

ill be out of the WC for a little while have a project I started on and going to finish, ill post the tutorial when I get done with it but, here is what it looks like right now

Medusa : Beware of her eye. They will turn you into stone.

Ok, after recommendation I will go with Pure entry. I used an image from internet for the scales of the skin. Everything else (mesh and all) is new, made in Cycles by myself.
I was inspired by the myth of Medusa and Perseus. The gorgone was seen as a representation of terror and was fixed on the aegis worn by Athena to scare and terrorize her enemies.

PS: I solve the noise problem, thanks to @FlyingBanana

(FlyingBanana) #27

Are you using denoise? It looks like most of the noise is coming from the snakes and there isn’t much noise so denoise should work good. Another thing to try is different lighting. What type of lighting are you using right now?