Challenge #813 (18/01/19) Entries CLOSED

Sorry, I just couldn’t resist the urge to make this upon seeing @FlyingBanana’s entry … It fits so well. :grinning:

6 Likes

Great entry, @Maelys031! I think yours is still eligible as Pure entry, considering the models are all new and self-made. Textures isn’t affecting the status, according to the rules. Also, your entry will look good on the header images up there… :smiley:

@Helge: fairyman… ferryman… is that a reference to Charon ?

In a way, yes!

Actually, it is a reference to Chris de Burgh’s 1982 song Don’t Pay the Ferryman, which has some similarities/connections to the Greek Charon.
However, the song focuses on the ferryman not being very trustworthy - a character trait he shares with my cute, little fairy. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, I struggled two days with the mesh to animate it easily (especially the face). I was so happy when I rigged it to see that I did not have to weight paint all the bones!

1 Like

To have more smooth hair, you need to adjust the path steps in the particles render options and in the tool bar. Normally, I use between 5 and 8.

This is a tutorial I followed when I learned to make hair. The secret is be patient and do it step by step by adding hairs 5 to 10 at the time and to hide them when they are in place. Don’t forget to use children!

Hope it helps!

3 Likes

There is a new denoiser with very nice results, go check it out;

https://twitter.com/RemiGraphics/status/1071224339612213254

4 Likes

@purbosky thanks, so is the alien the species on the planet getting destroyed or are the the ones on the ship destroying the planet? Hehehe

1 Like

Well, the latter is more plausible and cooler, but since you’ve said it, let’s go for a more not-so-nefarious choice: the alien used a remote control to fire the laser from his ship in orbit, but unfortunately he forgot something …

4 Likes

Lovely entries again this week guys. Unfortunately I didn’t have time this weekend due to a trip abroad.

And I now have Don’t Pay The Ferryman stuck in my head. Chris De bloody Burgh. Thanks guys. :rofl:

Hahaha I love it…

1 Like

“To Be Continued”

Pure
1000 Samples

3 Likes