Challenge #813 (18/01/19) Entries CLOSED

Theme #813 for Friday 18th of January 2019 is:

NEFARIOUS

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jan 21, 2019 10:30 PM )

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a nice theme, exciting to see some stunning entries! Got something something going right away, don’t know if it will stick throughout this weekend. We’ll see…

But don’t we all just love that massive 2.8 viewport shading kit under the hood?!

final(?);

toxic

6 Likes

I thought I would go with a Nefarious character this week.

Plankton

Non-Competing
Pure, 1024 Samples, 3 hours (90% of that time sculpting and resculpting and resculpting and cussing, and quitting)

7 Likes

Title: Evil wannabee
Pure Eevee(L)

First sculpt more or less. Remeshed with one of the remesh tools there are. To my surprise it was animatable with bones and shape-keys. Jan_18small

6 Likes

I’ve really wanted to work with more sculpting so I’m going for a Nefarious character.
Here is what I have after a couple of late nights.

Pure Entree
Sculpted and textured inside blender. This guy is up to no good.

9 Likes

Free Bird Seed
Pure
Blender Cycles

4 Likes

Hello,
This is my PURE entry “The project”.
Blender cycles 256s

3 Likes

That’s one nice topic. I think I will attempt to find time to participate this time if I can. …maybe. :smiley: I would really like to.

3 Likes

Nefarious Victorian Night Predator

Non-competing

Cycles, 3000 samples, filmic, ($) Photorealistic Eye generator, Paintshop Pro

I used the second definition for nefarious: “impious, evil”. Apropos to the living undead.

Re-used some elements from my library. The gothic cross is from my cnc pattern library and the top hat is an old element. The head started as a base mesh which I then sculpted.

2 Likes

grafik

Not sure where this will lead me. We’ll see. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Split

If not for the freezing weather, I would have watched glass this weekend. As you can see, my sinister character is now wearing one :wink:

Edit: Anyone know of a good hair tutorial? I’m not very happy with my ability to create decent hair / fur.
Still unhappy with the hair: Will keep working on that.

2 Likes

I am seeing that as well. Scrapped my entry unless I come up and get a different idea modeled in time.

Ok I am just too stubborn and quickly threw it together to get something entered.
This is my pure entry. 100% Cycles all procedural and going to call it…

" I Want To Believe "

1 Like

I noticed that as well. :wink: I just hope it will not stop anyone from going on in that direction.

1 Like

what is the perfect meaning for nefarious.

That is a little hard to tell as meanings may differ and each of them is valid, nevertheless.
[I had to look it up, too. ;-)]

I like this one:

The wiktionary definition is also very helpful:

Sinful, villainous, criminal, or wicked, especially when noteworthy or notorious for such characteristics.

ohh ok i thought nefarious means evil, deadly, like that…

To me, this doesn’t seem to be wrong. I guess, it depends on the circumstances. Which is one of the nice aspects of this theme - there are so many possibilities. The hard part is to decide which way to go. :slight_smile:

Pure Cycles (2.79)

First contest I joined ever! (Doing blender for a maybe a quarter)

Im not an english motherspeaker, so i had to look nefarious up, i found out thats its like a synonym for bad, so here is one nefarious thing everybody had done !

Take it with humour!

2 Likes

omg; really nefrarious