Challenge #813 Voting CLOSED

featured

(didierv) #4

Thank you @Nitram_2000. I didn’t spend much time on this one. The light is horrible. I didn’t expect any vote.
There are very few details in the original cartoons, a trap, a road, a desert, a rock. I wanted to replicate that style.

(Nitram_2000) #5

The story wins this one for me :smiley:

(Helge) #6

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 813 with votes from 38.9% of the voters is… MatthewK!
Here’s to all the great participators…

MK_Nefarious_1-19-19

(icyou520) #7

Here we go again,

Peetie – Evil Wannabee

Haha It really tripped me out when it started moving. I didn’t expect that. However you gave me ideas for future Weekly Challenges. So I thank you for that. Nice Entry.

Didierv – Free Bird Seed

I love this idea, I have always liked Coyote and Roadrunner. So you get bonus cool points for that. Also I really like how you did the ear behind the rock. Lets hope the trap works. I think you did a great job, I feel the lighting a little flat. I like to see bright and dark area’s in an image. Yours has a consistent brightness across the whole image.

3dnotguru – The project

This is a cool image. I have been looking at it for a few minutes and I am not really sure how you did it. It looks psychedelic though. Good Job.

RayVelcoro – Toxic

Oh my that does look very toxic. Great job on everything. I really like the ooze coming out and how its shinning off the forklift. My only small nit pick is the barrel looks impossibly clean. Other than that great job.

MatthewK – MK Nefarious

Great job! I really like the lighting and background you chose for this image. He definitely looks Nefarious. Since you named your entry MK and your name is MatthewK I am assuming this is a self portrait. So from now on. This is how I am going to imagine how you really look in real life. Congrats on the win.

Marcaroni Popel

Hahahah what a gross image. The snot the pimples on the nose, and somebody trying to pick it. Good job.

Flying Banana – I want to believe

I am confused. Is that an alien head as big as a planet? Or an alien taking a selfie with some planets in the background. Either way it looks scary and I DON’T want to believe. Nice lighting on the face. I would like to see the catchlight in the aliens right eye pop out more, it seems a little dark on that side of the face.

Felixzs – Burning Nefarious Skull

Nice job with the fire and smoke sim. It can be challenging to make them look good. I think you did a great job. I also like the embers floating up. Was that done with a particle system? Good Job.

Sanidhy_kabeer – nefarious street.

I really like this image. It definitely looks like a scary street I want no part of. I love the grime on the lens and the backwall. Great job texturing. Some changes I would consider is crop the image to be more rectangle than square. Move the lens flare just off screen so it doesn’t look out of place. The top of the trash looks a little too soft. Add some texture to it like you did the bottom part. Good Job.

Purbosky – Mass Depopulator

You got one of my votes. I really liked this image. I think if you polish it up some you can use it for your portfolio. I would make the blast on the planet a big crater, I would gloss up the ocean a little. Maybe add some tiny ships and things coming from the “Mass Depopulator” just to add small detail. Nothing to distracting. Great job.

Fchar – Split

Awesome job on splitting a character. I like how you used different hair systems and textures. The human side seams a little worried that the demon part is taking over. I really like the swirly background too. Good job.

Maelys031 Medusa

I think you did a great job. You almost got my vote. I was torn who to vote for. I actually did a medusa for a weekly challenge awhile back. I think you did it much better than I did. I love the shape of the body and the texturing you did. I really like the triangle scales texture thing you did. This is another one that could be polished up to add in a portfolio. I think this would be a perfect image for a 3 point lighting set up. Great job.

Milani – Babies with Buzz saws

This image really creeps me out. I don’t want to look at it or think about it anymore than I have. :see_no_evil:

David. Speer To Be Continued

You got one of my votes but I am thinking I should of gave it to Maelys031. This is my favorite image this week with one major flaw. Why is it so dark? The entire image needs to be brightened up some. Or even better just have a ray of light highlighting your character. I absolutely love this image. I really like the mouse flying in the ufo thing. I especially like the reflection/shadow thing that the mouse is giving off. Such a cool image, now brighten It up.

Nule – Fitzgereld Kittenhands

Very cool idea. I feel the monster is a little hard to see. I know you took the time to write a report on this monster but I think if you zoom in closer to the monster with just a small portion of the text showing you will still get the same idea across. Great Job, and I wonder what all the redacted stuff was talking about.

Icyou520 – Plankton

Good lord, please buy YanSculpts course, because you need some serious help sculpting.

OLG Nefarious Victorian night predator

Oh my I would not want to come across this person ever. He does look scary indeed. I think a nice backlight on the hat will help him pop a little more. Did you model that cross in the background?

Helge – Don’t pay the Fairyman

I absolutely love this image. Such a creative idea and execution. I really like the hologram thingies going up his leg. Great job with the color. I can’t say enough how cool this image is. I am so curious what he leaves under the pillow when he takes the tooth?

RobertT – raynard the fox

And this guy again, RobertT, I am over here amazed at Helge’s entry and wishing I had his talent then I scroll down only to see Reynard and be RE- Amazed. I don’t know who Reynard is and I don’t even care, I am NOT going to Google it. I am mad that you can consistently put out awesome images every single week. How do you stay so consistent? I bet you have an amazing work ethic. Any plans on writing a self help book anytime soon?

Amazing Job everyone, cant wait for next weeks theme.

(Francisco Charrua) #8

thx :slight_smile: For once I did a face without using the mirror modifier :wink:

(FlyingBanana) #9

Congrats @MatthewK creepy nefarious rendering.

@icyou520 lol thanks, yeah this was just about a 2 hour total job from idea to sculpt. Extremely rushed cause I am helping someone in another video/3d compositing software with bench testing his performance boost rewrite to 2.8.

(OLG) #10

Good timing. Just got back from work and opened up my computer.

Congrats @MatthewK!!

icyou520, thank you for all the hard work. The cross is one of my models. I do custom cnc patterns using blender and that one comes from one of my collections. I have a couple of Gothic church windows modeled so far.

Thanks everyone!

(Helge) #12

Thanks icyou520! Too kind of you :slight_smile:

If I could, I’d say Btiocnis. :wink:
On the other hand: maybe pain killers. After all, he isn’t completely heartless!

(david.speer) #13

Congratulations MatthewK!

@icyou520
I appreciate your thoughts here and agree with you completely!
Infelt really bummed about the broken lighting at the end. I had really sunk some time in and fought to get this one done. I submitted with 15 minutes to spare… Everything I submit feels like it ends up too dark when viewed, especially on mobile… and unfortunately I was out of time to polish and render it again. :frowning:
First time modeling a human so I gained some confidence there, but wow I need some serious intervention on lighting issues :slight_smile:

It is always a pleasure to read your comments after the challenge.

I have been working on that since I submitted the image. I corrected the rig and I am working on the expression of the face. I am sad the eyes don’t stand out as I would have liked. Working on it.

Good job @MatthewK, I’m exited to see what will be the next topic.

(icyou520) #15

I don’t think you even need to re render anything. Hopefully you saved the file as a EXR or TIFF. I would just brighten up the image in whatever editor you use. I was able to pull this out of the jpg but you could do it much cleaner with any of the above file types.

(Helge) #16

You don’t have to wait. It’s already up and running:

Reunion

:slight_smile:

(RayVelcoro) #17

Thx for the feedback icyou520!

Also congrats on the win MK!

(Millani) #18

Thanks, I guess. The image is somewhat based on the song I posted on the entry thread, and the fact that it creeps you out fits the song pretty well.

Talking about “pretty well”, I realized you use “good job” pretty much in the same way I use “pretty” in every sentence. Which is a pretty funny fun fact, I think :wink:

He leaves $2.00 during the night, and in the morning it might be worth $200 or $0.02, depending on how the market fluctuates on that day.
But considering his tools, he definitely leaves a pool of blood behind.

In color management, you can set the view mode to “False color”. This gives you an idea of the intensity of the light. Here is an example with my last week’s entry (to not freak out @icyou520 more than necessary):

I think it is important for the main elements in your scene to be recognizable by light intensity alone. I hope this helps a bit.

(icyou520) #19

Haha yea, I seem to have weekly words that get reused. I think this weeks word was “cool”, last weeks sentence was "“what I would of liked to see” and of course the go to “good job” and when I am feeling spicy “Great Job”

Maybe I should have a thesaurus while I write these.

(Member) #20

Great Job @MatthewK great logo :wink:

(3dnotguru) #21

I have created landscape with grass (hair particles). Then used fractal generator to create image to put on landscape and environment. I added a tree (sapling addon). Finally I have added path curves as particles to visible volume.
A tree is symbolic here. It grows according to fractal geometry and this is part of universal laws which describes universe. Psychedelic colors show that experimental drugs can lead to new discoveries in our perception of the universe and ourselves. Tree can be interpreted as beginning of new life too. Relation to topic is that some people wanted to use all that in nefarious way.

(david.speer) #22

This is great advice.
You are the best Millani!

My only regret is that my renderbox is holding me back from B1tco1 m1n1ng.
Otherwise i’d send it over as a token of my appreciation! :slight_smile:

(RobertT) #23

I’m grateful you liked my project :smiley: Thanks for the kind words!

While I approach each project separately, there are a few approaches I tend to apply to all projects.

Probably the foremost “general” thing I do is try to push a project to the point I sense it begins to fulfill its potential (expressing the idea(s) strongly, technical and aesthetic considerations, etc.).

Many times a project never really gets there, but I don’t feel so bad if I can honestly say to myself I really tried :smiley:

RobertT