• Gourav_K7
  • SK0441
  • david.speer
  • Maelys031
  • fcharr
  • derosaron1
  • purbosky

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Jan 30, 2019 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20190204-wc

Pure Entries

joshwinkler3d: heart

3dnotguru: Reunion island

PyBlend: Fiery Reunion

Bahri_Rayen: Yeah, they lead us.

BlenderRens: An old friend

fdo: Puzzlecube

Millani: The Big Crunch

Gourav_K7: Class of 2012

SK0441: Cars are fun , aren’t they?

david.speer: Returning From the Edge

Maelys031: Cheesy Reunion

Open Entries

fcharr: Party

(Open, 1000 samples with denoising, taken from http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/The-House-in-Front-of-the-World.Vivenda-das-Rosas.html and http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Party.House.html)

derosaron1: Reunion Of Two Warriors

purbosky: Reunited

(Open entry, using MakeHuman for the characters. Cycles 256 samples + denoising, procedural textures only, compositing in Blender.)

Non-competing Entries

icyou520: Graveyard Reunion

OLG: Return from Deployment

Helge: Arnie, the Raindrop

RobertT: ODYSSEUS AND PENELOPE: TOGETHER AT LAST

(joshwinkler3d) #2

I did do some more work but didn’t get to upload, title would have been something like “Back Together”. Nice work everyone else, looks like it’s a clear winner this one.

(Francisco Charrua) #3

Seems like everyone likes the idea of 2 old friends meeting up.

(FlyingBanana) #4

@RobertT really love the carved wood look. Great entry!

(Helge) #5

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 814 with votes from 77.8% of the voters is… BlenderRens!
Here’s to all the great participators…

An old friend

(david.speer) #6

Congratulations on a solid win!! @BlenderRens

(FlyingBanana) #7

@BlenderRens awesomely cute render! Congrats on the win!

(OLG) #8

Really cute render. Congrats @BlenderRens!

(BlenderRens) #9

Thanks for the votes and kind words :smile: !

congrats @BlenderRens , great work!

(joshwinkler3d) #11

Congrats @BlenderRens great job - plenty of detail and well realised concept.

And thanks for the votes @everyone

(RobertT) #12

Thank you, @FlyingBanana!

And congratulations to @BlenderRens and to all our participants!

Awesome work all around as always.

RobertT

(icyou520) #13

Better late than never.

Joshwinkler3d: Heart

Its nice to see a broken heart mended. I believe you used the cell fracture add on. It looks very nice. I would like to see this scene finished. This would make a good stock photo.

3dnotguru: Reunion Island

Beautiful render. Very photorealistic (facing mountains look a little dark) other than that nothing else to critique. Great job.

PyBlend: Fiery Reunion

I never thought about the fact the moon probably gets very sad when people leave. On the other hand mother earth seems very happy to be getting one of her children back. I love the cartoon feel of this image. Nice job.

Bahri_Rayen: Yeah, they lead us

Nice clean render. I am trying to understand what is happening in your image. Is that a dog speaking to other dogs? I like the hat and the characters tie.

BlenderRens: An old friend

I don’t know if I love the characters expression or the colors of the image more. This is all around great image. The modeling, shading, lighting, and rendering are all perfect. This should go in your portfolio. Congrats on the win, you got one of my votes.

Fdo: Puzzlecube

This looks very cool and mysterious. I really like all the attention to detail.

Milani: The Big Crunch

I really love the purple gas clouds in the back. I am curious about your shader set up with it. Although after that explosion im afraid not much will be left of that area.

Gourav_K7: Class of 2012

Great job on the modeling and texturing of your image. There is nothing to critique other than I would like to see the cake a little closer.

SK0441: cars are fun

Beautiful image. Looks very photorealistic. All around perfect job. It looks like the CG Master tutorial. If it is do you recommend it?

David.Speer: Returning to the edge

Beautiful image as always. Looks like something out of a comic book. I really like the shape of the spaceship and LED lights. Nothing to critique great image.

Maelys031: Cheesy Reunion

I love the expression on the mouse’s face. Nice texturing on the floor and mouse trap.

Fcharr: Party

That looks like a fun party to be at. I love the afro guy in the blue shirt. Also I think how the pattern of the floor is blocky just like the house.

Derosaron1: Reunion of Two Warriors

These two warriors look like they have no intention of fighting, or maybe they are arguing over who took the last of the coffee. Nice job.

Purbosky: Reunited

Such and awesome picture. You got my other vote. The scaling is perfect and the expressions of the characters is perfect. I really like the blue LED light strip in the window, it really makes the image. Perfect all around.

Icyou520: Graveyard

Dumb image. Think harder next time.

OLG: Return From deployment.

Its good to know the soldier didn’t have to use his weapon at all. Brand new shiny out of the box (Do guns come in a box?) I am wondering if his girlfriend set this up for him or vice versa. How sexiest of me, I just assumed this was a guy.

Helge: Arnie, The Raindrop

HAHAHAHAHA such a funny picture. I love how it shows the cycle of water. Great job. I am only wondering which happy face is in love with Arnie, because I am sure they are very happy he is back. Im guessing it’s the happy face under the heart because to me it looks like its blushing.

RobertT: Odysseus and Penelope

Its almost like those illusion pictures, if you stare long enough you can see images in the picture. I definitely see two faces, although I am not sure if I am missing anything else. Just beautiful.

Great Job Everyone.

(OLG) #14

@icyou520, it was a guy…and my M4 was probably that clean and shiny. :smiley:

(3dnotguru) #15

Thanks for this great race. after this challenge i know how much i must learn about armature modifier. Great entries everyone. I hope the next theme will be good to show depths too.

(joshwinkler3d) #16

Thanks again @icyou520 - enjoy getting feedback. I did use cell fracture, used SSS to show up the edges some more.

(BlenderRens) #17

Thanks for the kind words!

(Millani) #18

Thank you! The shader setup is a bit too long for a screen shot, but here is a blend file with two nebulae if you want to check it out. The setup is quite hackish :slight_smile:
nebulae.blend (814.6 KB)

(RobertT) #19

Thank you very much! There are two intentional faces (right - Penelope and left - Odysseus), with the waves / currents inspired by the sea and the epic whirling sense of directions, changes, and challenges both of these persons faced throughout their respective journeys (physical and emotional) before their fateful reunion.

RobertT