Challenge #817 (15/02/19) Entries CLOSED

Theme #817 for Friday 15th of February 2019 is:

Duel

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Feb 18, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

Already working on mine. An image popped into my head immediately when I saw the title.

this week I’m going open once again. For the honor!

2 Likes

“There can be only one!”

And obviously it is Freddie Mercury … again. :wink:
2 Likes

Here is a not very original pistol idea to the theme.
This is an “Open Entry” Cycles going to call this one

“The Retired Dueling Pistol”

5 Likes

Non-competing

Not enough time this time.

And I’m going underwater theme for this theme:

3 Likes

Thanks to you I have this stuck in my head :wink:

4 Likes

Well, never seen that before - I can see why that would stick, thanks :slight_smile:

Can I join this challenge?
This is mine:Dragon deck VS Machine deck

1 Like

Of course you can join. Everyone is welcome.

Narwhals, narwhals, swimming in the ocean, causing a commotion…

Yep that stuck :slight_smile:

1 Like

haha. That is so awesome. “Just don’t let them touch your balls!”

I had actually seen this before but I had no clue where it came from. It was used by Sprint in one of their commercials a few years ago.

I just saw there is a 10 hour Youtube loop version. That is so going into my playlist to annoy my girls.:smiley:

lol. Yup my girls love it. They are yelling from across the other side of house. I think they are saying to keep playing it for another 9 hours…or maybe to stop. one of the two.

5 Likes

Jedi of the sea you say… :thinking:

I have one question. is it alright to used Norman rigged to go along with your entry and give credit for the rig ?

The Narwhal Twins

Open entry, made using an unpublished project, done in EEVEE 1000 samples. Anyone know how to make eevee use the CPU instead of stressing out my poor 1050ti? That’s why I got a 16 thread 1800x :wink:

2 Likes

That sounds fine, like using make human. Depending on how it’s used it probably would just make it an open entry.

1 Like

Sure and thank you Joshwinkler3d for answering my question ?

Here is my non-competing entry:

BATTLE OF THE BARYONIC (ANTIMATTER VS. MATTER)

Pure Blender 2.79, Cycles, only procedural textures.

Please click / tap the image for larger size (and perhaps once again to view at full high resolution).

Abstract image inspired by the concepts of matter, antimatter, “Baryon Asymetry,” and “Baryogenesis”:

The Matter-Antimatter Asymmetry Problem

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/cosmicvariance/2008/07/24/matter-v-antimatter-i-the-baryon-asymmetry/

https://cosmosmagazine.com/physics/universe-shouldn-t-exist-cern-physicists-conclude

RobertT

7 Likes

“UV-Flashlight”

non-competing (pure), cycles (512 samples + denoising)

9 Likes

Pure Blender (Cycles @ 500 samples), I’ll be surprised if nobody else wasn’t thinking the same thing! Great theme!

Focus was on modelling, a lot more to do and a few dirty bits but ran out of time for now.

(Edit: Re-saved out using Very High Contrast Filmic setting, original images were way too flat)

3 Likes