Challenge #818 (22/02/19) Entries CLOSED

(Helge) #1

Theme #818 for Friday 22th of February 2019 is:

Escaped

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Feb 25, 2019 10:30 PM )

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

(icyou520) #2

Went with a very cliche entry.

Escape

Open Cycles 1024 samples

Challenge #818 Voting CLOSED
(FlyingBanana) #3

Wow! That was fast. My gears are still turning to see if I can come up with an idea and still be able to turn something in on time.

(icyou520) #4

Yea had a couple free hours today. I knew if I didn’t get it in today I would miss this week.

(Mr Lobo) #5

Now my project is rendering…

(Mr Lobo) #6

Pure entry
Escape Homework

Rendered in Cycles,1000 samples

(OLG) #7

Hawking Radiation

Non-Competing

Eevee, 32 samples, filmic, post processing in Paintshop Pro

Really simple but done in 2.8. I am struggling with moving over to the new layout. I can’t find half the stuff so a lot of searching and trying to get a feel for the new GUI.

Scene did push my computer to cry a little. Eevee is very cool though. Test rendered about 20 versions before I was relatively happy with the render. 2 particle systems from 2 spinning spheres and turbulence force field applied with glowing particles.

(Francisco Charrua) #8

Safety Zone

Pure entry, 1000 samples, with denoising and volumetric lighting.

(Michael Jones) #9

dude… that is exactly the kind of Pizza I would like to see served in our local Pizza Restaurant

(FlyingBanana) #10

“Open entry” Mask texture painting done in blender paint, filmic, and texture maps used. Calling this one.

“Bob’s Escaped Catch”

(skadoosh) #11

Wait, is the pizza rendered or real?

(BlenderRens) #12

WoW great work so far!

(FlyingBanana) #13

@BlenderRens thank you. I am trying not to completely ruin a good start. :slight_smile:

(BlenderRens) #14

will you paint on some rust or will it be a completely new vehicle?

(Francisco Charrua) #15

it’s real. I’ve had someone ask me that on FB.

(Nitram_2000) #16

Here’s my WIP

(Peetie) #17

Title: Escaping Alien Brain
Pure Entry (EEVEE)

It seems I manage some technical aspect like lighting, materials, but lacking the ability to come to a good composition or concept. If you know a good tutorial about that specifically let me know.

(FlyingBanana) #18

Yeah, I will be adding additional details to the materials. But just setting a base for now in case I don’t get the time to mask and paint the details I will still have something to enter.

(FlyingBanana) #19

@Nitram_2000
This was one of my weekend challenges a little while back. Seen your WIP and it reminded me of my Rat-B-Gone LOL

(Nitram_2000) #20

Ha! A little in the direction I’m going.