Challenge #818 (22/02/19) Entries CLOSED

"Escape Velocity"

pure, cycles (512 samples + denoising)

12 Likes

Now I know why we never went back to the moon.

1 Like

I don’t see it anywhere, lol. It’s no big deal, I’ll wear my New User badge proudly. Thanks!

that’s some serious RGB!

All I have to do is add more fibre to my diet.

Hmmmm maybe you need to hit a certain number of posts or created threads. But this is where I was talking about. Sorry I wasn’t at my pc to take a snapshot of exactly where I was trying to explain.

If that don’t work you might try mentioning something in this thread as the user has the same issue and @FinalBarrage had to change it manually. Wrong trust level displayed

1 Like

Escape from the Shadows…
made it with Blender 2.8…

2 Likes

Breach

Pure entry. Cycles 256 samples + denoising, procedural textures and texture painting, compositing in Blender.

8 Likes

Funny to see a picture with “photography prohibited” on it. :slight_smile:

Ok, I was looking in the right spot, but I don’t see it. Thanks for looking for me!

Any decent, quick, tutorial on how to rig my mouse? I just need something quick and dirty to pose him.

Here is my non-competing entry:

TRANSCENDING SAMSARA

Please click / tap image for larger viewing (and perhaps again, after it loads, to see at full resolution).

Pure Blender 2.79, Cycles, only procedural textures.

Some information about samsara:

https://buddhists.org/buddhist-symbols/samsara-in-buddhism/

RobertT

7 Likes

She Never Came Back

Pure entry. Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures.

9 Likes

Hello everybody, it’s been a while. This topic inspired me to take part again. Made with Blender 2.8, rendered with Eevee.

Title: “11.2 km/s”

Earth textures are from Nasa Blue Marble, rest is own work, textures in Gimp and Inkscape. I’d say it’s pure, but I don’t know what’s considered pure/open these days.

Good luck everyone! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Try googling images for ‘Area 51’ and you can see more. :stuck_out_tongue:

It is not easy to recommend any specific tutorial as this heavily depends on what you already know about bones, armatures, weights, …
If the results don’t have to be that great, but good enough and fast - I usually go with a few bones and automatic weights.

Eggscaped

Pure entry
Most time spent on the feather. Was about to omit it completely, but it turned out not too bad after all.

20 Likes

That’s a nice, simple image (I like the outside of the shell and feather) - one thing though is the white inside is a bit too white and looks too flat. Maybe add some shadow in there, or a bit of SSS may also fix it.

1 Like

Wow, all great ideas I never could come up with. It makes me realize (again) that idea’s are more important than the production of it. One doesn’t need to know all aspects of Blender which is just a small part of the whole picture.

What is your render name?