Challenge #818 (22/02/19) Entries CLOSED

(Millani) #41

She Never Came Back

Pure entry. Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures.

Challenge #818 Voting CLOSED
(Sanne) #42

Hello everybody, it’s been a while. This topic inspired me to take part again. Made with Blender 2.8, rendered with Eevee.

Title: “11.2 km/s”

Earth textures are from Nasa Blue Marble, rest is own work, textures in Gimp and Inkscape. I’d say it’s pure, but I don’t know what’s considered pure/open these days.

Good luck everyone! :slight_smile:

(purbosky) #43

Try googling images for ‘Area 51’ and you can see more. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Helge) #44

It is not easy to recommend any specific tutorial as this heavily depends on what you already know about bones, armatures, weights, …
If the results don’t have to be that great, but good enough and fast - I usually go with a few bones and automatic weights.

Eggscaped

Pure entry
Most time spent on the feather. Was about to omit it completely, but it turned out not too bad after all.

(joshwinkler3d) #46

That’s a nice, simple image (I like the outside of the shell and feather) - one thing though is the white inside is a bit too white and looks too flat. Maybe add some shadow in there, or a bit of SSS may also fix it.

(Peetie) #47

Wow, all great ideas I never could come up with. It makes me realize (again) that idea’s are more important than the production of it. One doesn’t need to know all aspects of Blender which is just a small part of the whole picture.

(Mr Lobo) #48

What is your render name?

(anas) #49

wow so many great entries !!!

(mediaklan) #50

Pure Entry
“Impossible Evasion”

Total samples : 2304 AA

FLEE!!!

Will the fly flee?

Pure entry : 500 samples, made in cycle 2.79b with denoising, no post proc
Image used for the spider web, HDRI from Haven used for the background and procedural textures for the rest.

(Nitram_2000) #52

I think we kind of have similar ideas :slight_smile:
Looks super!

Cool!
I like the idea and the materials! Fethers look great!

P.S. Going to add one more egg to the entries :smiley:

Croco Unegged
Pure, Blender 2.79, Cycles, Filmic, 500 Samples
Textures and maps made in GIMP

(skadoosh) #55

“Time to go!”

but no time to finish :c

Pure

“Getting Away with Art”
Pure entry, everything made from scratch over the weekend

Hello, everyone! This is my first attempt at doing the weekend challenge. I was trying to avoid the “minimalist implied action” cliché, but now I can see why everyone does that, because this took forever and was obviously rushed. Next time will be better.

Good work, everyone!

Thanks for the feedback. I tried SSS but that seemed to make the white even brighter. Adding a bit of translucence worked better in my opinion. Still, I agree the white is a bit too much.

(Nitram_2000) #58

So, here is my entry.

Escaped?
Pure
Cycles 1000 Samples plus denoising.

Again, I had a lot of fun with this. Doing the Weekend Challenge really helps me to learn a ton more every week. My biggest takeaway this week was to never stop using references for every little detail, and also that I suck at rigging :smiley:

(FlyingBanana) #59

Really digging the cell shading look in this. Did you use the toon shader on it? Guess the people may need to look into the Rat-B-Gone hehehe

(Nitram_2000) #60

This is done in 2.79b.

I found a tutorial for a toon shader and I actually didn’t like the result, but, through playing with it, I discovered that it was the fresnel that the guy used that allowed me to create the cells. I added another one to add another layer of shade.