Challenge #820 (08/03/19) Entries CLOSED

(joshwinkler3d) #21

Not sure if you have the time but the camera animation could possibly be done as a fly-by (you could slow it down since you have 15 seconds so you can see the details):

Nice model though, amazing to think it’s still going - followed by Voyager 2.

(Midnightcpu) #22

I. Going to release the file in this coming wc but I’m going to put a stipulation on it anyone who wants to use the file free has to enter the WC this coming week the only exception will be the winner from last WC this is called an incentive if helga agrees it will be released in the WC only

(derosaron1) #23

Well Gang, here’s my entry this week. I’m going to call this one open. Only because the pin-up girl was made with “MakeHuman”. Done did made it in 2.79b, Cycles, 128 samples, denoise. :slightly_smiling_face:

Challenge #820 Voting CLOSED
(Gabriel G) #24

Here is my entry for this weekends challenge. Created in purely in blender. hope everyone enjoys it. This was my first attempt at setting up a scene and using what I’ve already learned been doing blender classes now for about a month.

(Millani) #25

Sister Worlds

Pure entry. Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures.

Apparently the Voronoi texture is fancier in Blender 2.8. You can choose different “distance” methods, and one of them produces stars. Pretty convenient when you’re making a sky. :slight_smile:

(Nitram_2000) #26

Here is my entry. I’m hoping to add some more stuff tomorrow but I don’t have much time, so we’ll see. If not, the image will go in as is.

Pure
Space Project
Cycles 2.8, 300 sample, denoise.

New version, with added markers and some more texture to the main paper.

Seriously doubt I’ll have the time to add the glue and scissors now. Alas, I was really enjoying making this one.

(Francisco Charrua) #27

love it! my favorite for now :slight_smile:

(didierv) #28

Unfortunately I’ll have no more time for this weekend. I wanted a slower movement for the camera, and make a longer movie. But the 15 seconds of this one already required 8 hours.

(BlenderRens) #29

Hi guys,

Some nice entries altready this week!!

Decided to try and make something today and wanted to do a character. Was a bit more work then I expected, first time I did hair using curves and it was a hassle to learn :stuck_out_tongue:.

Open since all the textures were done in substance painter. All the models were made today in blender :smiley:

Just in time:

“Lift off” open entry (substance painter+blender):

(BlenderRens) #30

wow awesome animation in such time!

(joshwinkler3d) #31

That’s alright - just thought I would throw it out there. Good job though, time is a big part of this challenge.

(RayVelcoro) #32

love the volumetrics, is it mapped texture plugged in to a volumeshader?

(Peetie) #33

Below the node-setup. I animated the x-location but also the distortion in the Noise-texture node. Then feeding that into two ColorRamps. One for density, the other for color.

What I forgot is going to the graph editor and set the interpolation mode on linear. That way the speed of smoke won’t slow down.

Smoke

(RayVelcoro) #34

Very cool. thx for sharing.

You also can use a driver for the mapping. works a lot faster and is always linear interpolated. just copy paste #frame*2*pi/250 in to value(s) you want to key. Tweak the last number for adjusting speed.

(Peetie) #35

Oh wow, I would not be able to come to that. While I was very interested in math I messed it up by not wearing glasses in class. And now I have regrets. Thanks, I will try that out.

(RobertT) #36

Here is my non-competing entry:

COLLECTOR OF ALL THINGS COSMIC (SPEED MODEL / CONCEPT CHARACTER)

Pure Blender 2.79, Cycles, only procedural textures.

Had very few hours to work on this, so I turned it into a personal speed-model challenge to come up with a sci-fi character which literally collected galaxies, stars, planets, and spacecraft.

Maybe something aproximating a Type V (or higher?) entity on the “Kardashev Scale”:

Just over an hour to model everything and about two hours on everything else.

I’m really liking all the other entries so far!

RobertT

(domosk) #37

Afternoon chill in the forest.

Pure

(joshwinkler3d) #38

If the pin-up girl was done with MakeHuman and everything else you made, I would still call this pure as it takes up very little of the whole image. Up to you though.

(FlyingBanana) #39

@Nitram_2000 You know the more I look at this the more and more I am liking it. If it wasn’t for the woodgrain I would have just thought you just had a construction paper craft day and took a picture. Got the thickness of the paper down nicely. Hand drawn textures in texture paint?

Ok back to my (crosses fingers) final render. Going to start it and get some coffee, and some egg and cheese croissants.

(Nitram_2000) #40

Thanks man. I’ll drop the bump on the wood grain then. I want to add the markers, glue, and some cuts of paper to mess it up a bit. I had fun drawing the textures on each item. Just done with texture paint and the Wacom.