Challenge #822 (22/03/19) Entries CLOSED

Theme #822 for Friday 22th of March 2019 is:

Falling

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Mar 25, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

I don’t think I will have time this weekend to complete an image for this WC. Have fun with this great theme, I will follow you!

The Pit

Pure - Eevee

14 Likes

You found a good way to show height. I couldn’t think of anything yet.

1 Like

Falling not flying .__. I must do another one :joy:

@edit
Ok, there is smoke coming out of fly. She is falling.(don’t have time so let say i didnt misread this weeks topic)

Pure

6 Likes

Not an Entry

I have family up from Houston and don’t know if I’ll have any time to model. So wishing everyone good luck.

A quick GIF using an old model. Vampire infestation…let the blood fall.

bleeding%20skull%20GIF

4 Likes

Here is the initial or possible final to my
“noncompeting entry” grass essentials, sapling tree gen, and texture from a tree in the back yard used.

“Ready For Harvest”

3 Likes

The Red Domino. Pure, Competing.

5 Likes

This is a bit like my idea. Hopefully I’ll have time to execute it tomorrow.

Accidents happen
[WIP]
Blender 2.8
Pure

3 Likes

Falling drop
Pure entry
Blender 2.79

3 Likes

PURE entry
Cycles 2048s
Some color changes in Gimp

7 Likes

Kind of reminds me of a past weekend challenge when I think @helge had a raindrop falling as well

Accidents happen
[Final]
Blender 2.8
Pure

7 Likes

@lacrivilho nice idea, makes me want to grab at it :slight_smile: . Just a heads up, you can edit your original post and put the new update there in place of the previous WIP one. Might make things a little easier on Helge when it comes time to sort through the threads for entries during entry closing.

trying with a lowpoly scene, i had no idea what to do with this theme other than the obvious daily accidents.

falling

pure eevee render, some post in compositor
have fun

6 Likes

Underfoot

Pure entry, 1000 samples with denoising.

2 Likes

Pure Entry _ Competitive
Blender 2.79
Cycles 250 samples
First time in a contest
This may not be the final result, I might change it later.

4 Likes

Ugh, the 250kb limit is cruel :smiley:

pure

3 Likes

You’re right. I had a few of those over the years… and I think I’ll probably go into that direction again this week. :wink:

Don’t worry! (Almost) everyone has been ignoring that ‘rule’ for quite some time. :slight_smile: