Challenge #825 (12/04/19) Entries CLOSED

Theme #825 for Friday 12th of April 2019 is:

Triangular

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Apr 15, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m thinking of going along this line :slightly_smiling_face: That’s the best line rendering I can do in Eevee at the moment.

4 Likes

Finished, was able to get the render fixed, some of the marbles were partly in the floor.
Going with
“open entry” cause the scene relies on textures which the link to is below.

“Penrose Impossible Triangle”

Textures are from https://www.cc0textures.com/

12 Likes

Ugh, no time to fix this Render, I went to Star Wars celebration and hit the render button right before I left only to come home today with this abomination but I don’t have time to fix it so here we are.

Pure, Non-Competing
“Twisty”

(This amount of Polys almost broke my computer so I’m going to have to get creative in the future with my meshes.)

6 Likes

In my mind, the scale is 10 to 1, so this building is about 100 meters across. Each house is about 10 meters in width, and on average, maybe 20 meters long. It varies from floor to floor. Lots of blender math. I also figured, 6 meters of height for each floor, made the floors 2 meters thick, and the walls, 1 meter, nothing but the best for my blender tenants. Still not sure if this will be pure or open.

1 Like

Sounds great for winter. But summer… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should be great for summer as well :slight_smile:

WIP

Not sure if I’m gonna stick with it, but I wanted something very simple but which could still tell a story.
Plus I can’t exactly get anything else out of my head at the moment ^^’ …

2 Likes

Brought to you by the Triangular Earth Society. :crazy_face: Pure blender except for the earth texture from NASA.

18 Likes

Here’s my approach to this week’s challenge:

WIP, Not an entry (yet)

4 Likes

I might go with something robotic. Gotta prepare myself for Ancient Robot Challenge :smiley:

2 Likes

Versatile Theme, Helge! Looking forward seeing all entries on this one…

PS1

21 Likes

Triangular interior design

Non-competing

Cycles, 2000 samples, filmic, denoiser, image as plane for outside environment

I thought I would do something quick and dirty but 5 hours modeling and 2 hour render nothing quick about it. Triangles and diamonds for major theme of the room. All new models.

3 Likes

Haha, I had mostly the same idea. Good thing I didn’t even start it yet. :slight_smile:

Let’s see if I can get my life back in order now.

Here is my tribute to the Tri force.

I will try to get comments out for this weeks challenge.

TriForce:

Pure CC in Photoshop Eevee

6 Likes

I know yours would be way better.

This was my first scene in 2.8. A lot of time wasted searching and looking up where everything is at now but it is starting to grow on me. Just wish some of my favorite add-ons (HDRI manager and material manager) had been ported but will have to wait (they are waiting for final official version).

1 Like

aaaand you got my voice :smiley:

1 Like

Train Station
Pure, competing

Cycles + compositor
The lighting isn’t the best that I could have done and wanted to, but I am going to submit it as it is now. I have too many other projects that I really want to get finished. Still quite happy with the result, though.

6 Likes

Hello,
This is my PURE entry “Nachos”
Cycles 512s

2 Likes

I have to admit though that when I first seen this theme my mind went to “They Might Be Giants” Triangle Man

1 Like