Challenge #826 (19/04/19) Entries CLOSED

This reminds me a bit of the game Serious Sam: Double D, where you can attach a chainsaw to your shotgun and put a machine gun on top of the whole thing. Why be moderate when you can go totally nuts? :slight_smile:

Btw, do you use a very tiny light source? The shadows look very hard.

(also, the background image is very low-res :wink: )

@Millani, I didn’t even think about a chainsaw but that would be cool. I think I may have a chainsaw model I made and see how it looks or just model a new one.

It is supposed to be a 50 cal lead ball guncotton cartridge smooth bore gun. That was my go crazy idea. You really need a shoulder pad to shoot or it would break you wrist. That is the bar in the back.

I have three spot lamps in addition to HDRI lighting. The background is the HDRI and it came from a free bunch I downloaded ages ago so not super hi-res but I did like the light profile it gave on the model.

To keep it pure, everything was modeled new and I used free stuff.

1 Like

Hello,
This is my PURE entry “Pterippus”
Cycles 256s + GIMP + Cycles 128s

3 Likes

"Grand Master Critterius’s Unholy Tech Thingy"

non competing (pure), cycles (256 samples + denoising)

9 Likes

New Egg

New%20Egg

Pure entry, 500 samples with denoising.

2 Likes

Magic tactical fairy cannon. great for barbeques. 256 samples with denoising. pure render.

4 Likes

Cyber Fairy Outfit Set - Limited Edition

Open entry. Base figure is using MBL add-on, everything else is self made. Rendered with Cycles 256 samples + denoising, hexagonal pattern made in Inkscape, some effects done in GIMP. Concept based on a past 2D work :

4 Likes

Happy%20Easter
Happy Easter!

11 Likes

5 and a half hours to go on my render :see_no_evil::no_mouth: it looks good.
You all really made me put a lot of work into this render :joy:.
I’m using most of my arsenal of tricks on this one, it put up a good fight in compositing but I wooped it or at least I think I did :joy:

1 Like

It’s done!
Meet the brand new «Nuclear kitchen 3000»!
Just choose the food on the screen, press the button and nuclear power will do all the work!
I have a lot of fun during this project!
It is my first work like this.
HDRI from HDRIHaven.
All materials are procedural.
Trees: images as planes.
Grass: Blender guru’s “Bahiagrass pack - Grass Essentials Freebie”.
Model of turkey: “Halo Media Works” from Sketchfab (CC Attribution).
Rendered in Cycles, 500 samples, denoising.

3 Likes

Man, great idea!
Cool irony, like “we have technology to make jet horsehoe, but still use horses”, it’s funny! :joy:

Gnomish Flying Machine
Pure entry
Blender 2.79
Inspired by Warcraft 2 & WoW.

4 Likes

This is The Jade Pyramid of infinite night. Its the last hope of humanity. This device was sent out into the cosmos to find a suitable solar system to create a new earth for the last of mankind. It works in tangent with several other devices to increase a systems ability to safely support human life. This os a gravity sweep. It pushes any hazardous debris from the system and enhances the outer planets gravity to absorb any incoming debris from outer space and act as our planets shield. In this video you can see it in action as The Guardian Angel Patrols and protects.

1 Like

Happy Easter! (Non-Competing)

Just a little something I made to wish everyone a happy Easter.

5 Likes

I made this over the weekend 3 days ago… Jade Pyramid I made a month ago…
This is the teleportation gateway overseeing the creation of the new earth. This is the moon installation phase… Here is a video of it in action.

!

2 Likes

Man, I should’ve made a fully-automated easter-egg painting machine, it would fit the theme and the holiday…

Too late now. Maybe next year. :wink:

Witch Detector

Pure entry. Some of the decals (like text) were made with Inkscape, the rest was made with Blender and using procedural textures.

Not an egg-painting machine, but at least I have some easter eggs. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

One of my favorite movies. Well done sir!

1 Like

One of my favorite Fantasy realms is The Elder Scrolls so I took inspiration from there. A rock texture from the web and some dwemer images for the book from the wiki page.

Dwemer Tech Research Laboratory. Pure Entry

I had a busy weekend so didn’t get to spend as much time on it as I wanted to. Perhaps if I get a little bit of time during lunch I can work on it a bit more.

5 Likes

I used to love playing Morrowind. Had so much fun exploring and wreaking hovoc on the towns people hehehe