Challenge #827 (26/04/19) Entries CLOSED

Theme #827 for Friday 26th of April 2019 is:

Personification

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Apr 29, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

Sorry, but do I understand the theme properly?

“Personification is a figure of speech in which a thing - an idea or an animal - is given human attributes.”

You can try search google images of personification. Some results can help you better with the understanding - and ideas. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you’ve got it. Can’t wait to see what you create.

1 Like

Thank you, Man!
The theme is very cool!
I will try my best again! :metal::sunglasses:

Personification is the way you see yourself its more or less like art done by different people like Leonardo, Michelangelo, Vincent vango and so on they all had different point of views and different styles

1 Like

My English not very good and I’m sorry if I don’t understand properly what you saying, but how I understand your words - you talk more about style, something like personality and selfexpression in art.
But personification is the thing when you gave personality to object, which can not have it at all.
Like “fire dancing” or “sky is crying” or "wind is whispering ".
They can’t do that litteraly, but our mind and imagination can see that things in that way.
And that is how I understand the topic. :slightly_smiling_face:

P.S. Funny example that come to my mind:
When Blender accidentaly crashing and you talk with him, like “Oh, Man, come on! Please, not now!”
You do personification, like Blender is Dude who decide to go to sleep at that moment. :joy:
Maybe stupid example. :sweat_smile:
Don’t forget to save your work! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Reminded me of the anthropomorphism theme we did.

2 Likes

The image search brought back two ideas for me. Firstly the literary device of “personification”, so I thought one can creatively construct a image on an expression like “the clouds are crying”.

The second idea is basically “Disney” like anthropomorphism like @joshwinkler3d mentioned. Not only animals, but stuff like “Cars”, “Planes” or “Thomas The Tank Engine”. Funnily enough an image search of personification and anthropomorphism displayed the same teapot, clock and candle holder from “Beauty and the Beast”.

Essentially it’s about creativity and doing whatever you believe the theme is about for you.

1 Like

Wiktionary also has a few nice definitions and examples, which allow a lot of very unique entries. :slight_smile:

1. A person, thing or name typifying a certain quality or idea; an embodiment or exemplification.

Adolf Hitler was the personification of anti-Semitism.

1. A literary device in which an inanimate object or an idea is given human qualities.

The writer used personification to convey her ideas.

1. An artistic representation of an abstract quality as a human

The Grim Reaper is a personification of death.

1 Like

The theme is so deep and have so big field for art, that I still can not choose the idea for render! :joy:
But I make it anyway!

Title: perso-Obviorobo-nification

Pure EV (express)

I suppose a robot is the most obvious one?
Playing with an old simple low poly robot, DECALmachine and EV Express.

Awh, busy busy, don’t have time anymore.

3 Likes

i came up with something its a non living thing that is alive :yum::sunglasses::smirk:

Be Our Guest

Pure entry, 2000 samples with despeckling. Everything procedural :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s good for a scary movie. I think I can’t sleep in that bed afraid it will eat me. :grin:

2 Likes

Subject to change, but I’m currently going a more literal approach. I am looking at making the circle cutout more like hand-drawn.

1 Like

This is what I’m thinking when looking at the bed https://youtu.be/D4WAM104cho

Or maybe in aw like kool idea

1 Like

This is what im working on

The essence of flame dancing

Fire is non living but is alive at the same time because it need oxygen to live :+1:

Got motion capture camera for blender now :no_mouth::speak_no_evil: I was like ooohhhh yaaaa so if I used it it make a non living object living :grin:

Got my WC numbers mixed up suppose to be 827. LOL :see_no_evil::grin:

3 Likes

If I get time tomorrow I will try and get something done. Got an idea but not sure I’ll be able to complete it due to birthday festivities today/night .

1 Like