Challenge #828 (03/05/19) Entries CLOSED

Theme #828 for Friday 3rd of May 2019 is:

Asymmetry

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, May 6, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

this feels like verbal rorschach

It’s an opposite theme:

Unfortunately none of the images work

1 Like

Working on Something Sonic;

4 Likes

Sonic
Sonic is great :smiley:

6 Likes

Ah man, I also wanted to do Sonic. lol :dizzy_face:

76ef0dda52f4e760958f4c26e4b4dc1402721270

Not sure if this is any better :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

:rofl:
By the way:

Sorry for offtop.

I will pass this time, Guys.
Wish the great inspiration to everyone!

Pure Entry

“Symmetry In Asymmetry”

5 Likes

W.I.P.

Playing with 2.8 for the first time.

4 Likes

Patty and Patti (Soul Eater fanart)

Pure

Cycles, 3000 samples, filmic, all new models, procedural materials, minor brightness correction, vignette, and name added post.

Had the day off and its been storming all day so got a chance to play on the computer.

Character from anime Soul Eater, Death the Kid suffers from asymmetriphobia. A compulsive disorder with fixation on symmetry. So his coat being modeled asymmetrical would have driven him crazy. I took liberties and didn’t model the hair correctly but may try doing that later if I have time.

Still trying to get a better understanding of applying armatures and posing. Getting more used to 2.8 as well. The UI is finally starting to grow on me.

Patty and Patti start the anime as Beretta M9s. Wonderful weapons but never my favorite. I always missed shooting expert by a round or two…or five.

2 Likes

Death The Kid was my favorite character of them. Probably cause my ocd related with him. I love my 8’s :wink:

I love the show. Asymmetry immediately reminded me of the character. I have the opposite of ocd.

Black Star was my favorite which is sad because he is so annoying. I liked his exuberance.

1 Like

Just a heads up on the Sonic posts.Good news!! The producers have already heard the backlash of how bad the character in the movie was and they are going to fix it before release.

1 Like

Taylor Made

Pure entry, 1000 samples with denoising.

1 Like

lol that’s what I was thinking about doing too :joy: but I decided to sit this one out I’ve got some work to do around the house for about a week mostly welding and grinding.

good luck everyone and see you next WC :+1:

2 Likes

If I hadn’t been washed out yesterday I probably wouldn’t have put as much effort into the models. I am finishing up my daughter’s separation from the Navy plaque. My main hobby is woodworking. Got into blender for its CAD-like capabilities. I really do have the opposite of ocd. I do Kentucky windage a lot so blender is perfect for my modeling. Here is the CNC pattern I made from patti.

2 Likes

Science ship
Pure Entry
Blender 2.8 - Eevee

I didn’t have much time this week, so I used a 20 years old design of a ship. The scanning devices are in a separate wing to avoid interferences with the engine. The ship is capable of gathering lots of data from a planet while staying in orbit. It is not designed for atmospheric flights.

Here is the original high resolution (480x360 :open_mouth:) render that I made in 1998 with Bryce 3D (anyone remembers this software?).
sf16

1 Like

ASYMMETRY FONT
Pure Entry

Blender 2.8, Cycles, Bools (ugh…), Bevels (modifiers & shader), Bumps, Inkscape, Krita & Fun
Cheers!

3 Likes