Challenge #829 (10/05/19) Entries CLOSED

Green Housed

Pure entry, 1000 samples. My goal this week is to participate in this without breaking from my other project, the green house challenge. Spent it coming up with a work flow for creating crop plants.

2 Likes

Terraformer

Pure entry. Blender 2.8, Cycles 256 samples + denoising, procedural textures + compositing, some finishing in GIMP.

11 Likes

The cinpuns
All in EEVEE (express). but colour adjustment in GIMP.

Not much time to work on it, therefore not with much story, but I like the lighting, materials and colors.
Update: found a little bit more time. And who knows, our kids are going to eat worms later for protein… oops sorry. :blush:

3 Likes

They kind of look like they came out of a factory (like food, biscuit batter ready to be baked?). I’m not exactly sure what they are supposed to be, though.

Here is my submission:

High-Density Agriculture
Pure, competing

Cycles + Compositor, Blender 2.79.
256 samples

I enjoyed this challenge. It was fun to make something like this and I am happy with the final result.

I will soon upload the video of making it to my YouTube channel and embed it here when it is done.

Here it is!

14 Likes

Eh, no idea either. Related to contest, all I thought: Something organic in a row. For the rest in that hour I was focussed on material, color, light, trying to get appealing render in time available.

“Thorn, Day Zero”
A side effect of allelopathy research.

Pure Entry - 1024 samples.
Cycles, procedural materials.

4 Likes

“Shrooms”

Non-competing.
Started it couple of hours before contest was posted… It’s roughly fitting the theme so here it is.

Corrections:

1: the pots alignment guide the eyes from bottom right to middle left, the current lightning is contradicting it.

2: Making satisfying ground is hard. This one is just a circle cap that I hide with the lighting.

3: Eevee pointiness is still not working. Used dirty vertex color and a texture coordinate hack to emulate the effect.

4: Looks like I can’t count…

5: Background is bland and could use some more work.

Could add some post-process to it if everything else was fixed.

1 Like

I call it: Farmer’s Dream
Pure entry

The Fork disappeared after compositing so I used Gimp to put it back, and the orange is reused, I wouldn’t wanna waste food after all.
It didn’t come out quite like I wanted because I had to rush to do it in one day…

The idea is that this is what a farmer would consider agriculture of tomorrow, where the crops harvest themselves.

5 Likes

But You Can’t Buy Love

Pure entry. The texture for the money was made in Inkscape, the rest was with Blender using procedural textures.

I tried to play a bit with a paradox of agriculture, where certain countries which produce a lot of crops still suffer from hunger. The issue sometimes is that crops are produced because they are profitable, not because they’re nutritious.

If it were possible to grow money from the soil, humankind would starve.

5 Likes

Mars Roach One (Pure)

I thought I was going to skip this weekend challenge, but since I’m a farm-boy I’m obliged to take part in anything about agriculture. So I started putting something together yesterday night and today after work. I wanted it to look like a Popular Mechanics spread and an advertisement.
Rendered in Eevee, everything was done in Blender.

9 Likes

Intense Growing
Pure

I which I would have done it better but here it is. I will improve with time ^^

Thanks for all participants! Very interesting entries I saw!! =D

5 Likes

GMO: Pizza Plant
Pure

In the future, we will engineer plants to grow our meals for us!

8 Likes

Yes! Can I get a couple of those plants? Nice idea there.

1 Like

Dang guys! Another hard voting weekend. All the renders look great.

Couldn’t play this weekend. Had a Navy paddle plaque to finish for my daughter and some commissioned cnc patterns to make. Hopefully next week.

But again, great creativity and impressive renders from all. Good luck to all entries.

3 Likes

Ohhh you’re right! I was thinking the same thing doing my greenhouse xD