Challenge #830 (17/05/19) Entries CLOSED

(Helge) #1

Theme #830 for Friday 17th of May 2019 is:

There is a first time for everything

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, May 20, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

4 Likes
Challenge #829 Voting CLOSED

Wow!
What a theme!
I try to do something good! :metal::sunglasses:

(Nitram_2000) #3

Nice theme.

I already have an idea. Time to sketch it out and see if I can make it happen. Might need some explosion simulations to happen though.

Off to YouTube I go in search of knowledge, lol.

1 Like
(Francisco Charrua) #4

I need a tree for my greenhouse thingy. I’m sure I can spin it somehow :sunglasses:

Explosions… that sounds intriguing.

(Nitram_2000) #6

Haha, it’s nothing special or fancy.

I have today to try and get it done (yet I’ve a million other things to do today) but I think I should get something done to enter.

(Peetie) #7

Title: First …
Pure EEVEE (express) (colorcorrection in GIMP).

Struggled a lot this weekend, but then made this in a few minutes. These are plugs for meshmachine I made before, that was quite challenging to make. Then the material is using two normal maps. (no diffuse, no roughness maps, just two normal maps). It is rendered in EEVEE and lighting is done with the EV Express addon.

I think in this civilization, a lot of things are done for the first time. It’s also a civilization we know a little bit about it and the years before that is a kind of a black hole. (What do we know about 8.000 B.C.?)

6 Likes
Challenge #830 Voting OPEN
(Millani) #8

Haha, it looks a bit like the guy got catapulted and hit his face on a rock. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes
(Peetie) #9

I will change the title: let’s get catapulted
Yes, now you say so.
I am so damn lazy…

(Francisco Charrua) #10

I thought he was trying to hug a tree.

1 Like
(Meta Ridley) #11

Fun Entry:

5 Likes

Ahahaha! Walking in bubblegum caught me off guard. What a unique concept😂

(Francisco Charrua) #13

my tree :slight_smile:

4 Likes
(Nitram_2000) #14

Here’s my WIP.

I still have to do more work on the punnet, both materially and the model itself. Does anyone know how to procedurally break up the edges, to crumple them up a bit? I’d like to investigate how to do that rather than actually edit the geo. Just so I can learn how to do that.

I also want to add some motion blur to the falling cherries, and maybe I’ll reframe it a little.

So, here’s my final entry.

“About to pop”

Open - Cherry material from BlenderInsights
Cycles - 500 samples
Post done in the Blender compositor. A little motion blur and some CC.

I’m still not too sure about the framing, but generally I’m happy enough with it. Texturing the box was my favourite part, even though I couldn’t get it all done how I wanted it, it was still a great learning experience.

4 Likes
(Millani) #15

By edges you mean the borders of the basket, not the edges of the mesh? The pointiness attribute might be useful for that, and you can use a noise or wave texture together with true displacement to achieve a wrinkled effect.

Not sure if I understood what you want to do…

1 Like
(Millani) #16

First Boot

Pure entry. The boot message was written in inkscape, everything else was made in Blender using procedural textures.

I’m a bit tight on time this weekend, so here is a quick entry. It was supposed to be a robot’s head, but it looks more like a early 90s desktop computer. Also, I overdid with the whitespace.

7 Likes
(ericthered) #17

Here is my entry. pure. cycles.

Here is the inspiration

4 Likes
(Nitram_2000) #18

Yup, that’s it exactly. Make the edges of the box all crinkly and what not.

(Helge) #19

"Told you so!"

non-competing (pure), cycles (512 samples)

15 Likes
(FlyingBanana) #20

I don’t think he will be eating for a long, long while. LOL