4 Likes

“Once A Day - The Dawn”
Pure Entry
1500 Samples
Procedural materials

7 Likes

Altar Scene

not a very innovative name, i know.

This one was way too ambiguous for a sunday afternoon, so only the base scene is ready, but hey… at least it’s something.

This is a pure cycles render, all modeling, sculpting and compositing was done in blender 2.8, only one crash :slight_smile:

have fun

7 Likes

Ummm… This is my first time doing one of these challenges so forgive me if I’m doing this wrong.

Satanic Ritual
completely in Blender. Rendered with Eevee
Fun to make hope you like it.

5 Likes

Effigy
Pure, cycles

7 Likes

Summoning Wrath

Pure entry, 2000 samples with denoising. Feels like I spent a big part of this weekend procrastinating. I’m relatively happy with what I thought was going to be disappointing.

5 Likes

Death’s Basement
Pure - Cycles

Finally finished it, took about 30 minutes to render at 1000 samples. With this one, I really wanted to play around with composition a bit more by having a set focal point and guiding the viewers eyes to it.
I also played around with odd focal lengths and camera tilt, to add a bit of unease. Had a lot of fun with this week’s theme, and can’t wait to see what everyone else does!
Here is the blend file if anyone wants to take a look.

5 Likes

Ritual Crew
Pure Entry

This is ritual crew. Every weekend they do some wired things… I cant tell you more, sorry.
Blender 2.8 + Cycles, simply sculpting, retopo, texturing, rendering with 2 view layers, compositing, fun.

11 Likes

Virhenge

Pure entry
Eevee render (64 samples)

Recently watched a tutorial on a shader node / modifier setup for an electron microscope effect, easily adapted to false color. Between that and this week’s theme I had an idea:

9 Likes

The Summoning Ritual(pure)

14 Likes

Hell’s Gate

Pure entry. Blender 2.8 + Cycles 256 samples + compositing, procedural textures only.

Just experienced my first ever 2.8 crash. I was using version 2.80.72, and it seems to be affected (not too sure though) by the principled shader that now has alpha/transparency and emission included. Abused them a lot here, worked fine in viewport but once it started render, Blender closed right away. Switched to the previous build (2.80.60) then.

Btw, just checked the website and it looks like there’s a newer build come out today. Yey.

7 Likes

Isn’t that what we always do in this forum… ? :joy:

1 Like

Coincidence? :wink:

1 Like

… i do think so :thinking:

1 Like

LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Morning Ritual - pure entry, 400 samples, denoise
"Hot coffee and the book in the morning. It’s kind of ritual I’d like to perform everyday right after getting out of bed.

Enjoy :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Coffee Run

I think this will do. Pure entry, rendered in eevee. The animation apparently took 4:30 to render?

Music: Ben Sounds

@Helge You can choose which would be best to attach to the voting thread.

4 Likes

Rite Gone Wrong
Pure
Cycles

After showing a few people my work I’ve realized that what’s going on in my render may not be as clear as I first thought. If anyone wants to have a stab, I’d be interested to hear it :laughing:

I must say, what a great choice of theme. Very fun to work with :smile:

11 Likes