Challenge #831 (24/05/19) Entries CLOSED

Theme #831 for Friday 24th of May 2019 is:

Ritual

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, May 27, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awesome theme. First idea, off the bat, is Full Metal Alchemist with my favorite character, the Flame Alchemist. So will attempt a quick modeling session to see what I can whip up.

2 Likes

ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn

Might try entering this weekend.

2 Likes

Title: Cursed Eldrich Garfield

PURE entry. this is like the purest entry you can get lol. A play on the Eldrich Garfield meme by William Burke. It is literally just my sculpt and the default camera and lighting. I posted it on reddit and someone suggested I make it as an entry to this contest… so here i am. Hope the messy polygons dont burn a hole in your eye sockets.

2 Likes

Non-Competing

Roy Mustang - Fire Alchemist (Fan Art)

Cycles, 3000 samples, filmic, cloth physics, fire sim, armature, blue cloth texture ($).

Not super happy with this but not super displeased either. I went over my completely arbitrary time limit of 6 hours to finish the project. Took me between 7 and 8 hours to complete. Several armature attempts really slowed me down. I still can’t get it quite right to get the deformation to work correctly for me. Finally gave up and applied the armature with all the faults and then went back and tried to fix the issues manually the best I could. There are a few areas where that was less than successful. The cloth sim worked great though. The new cloth engine is really cool.

I also only modeled the head and hands. Nothing below the knees or under the clothes. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Entry Title - The Ritual of the Glow beings

Pure Entry

I’m a beginner blender user and Saw these events for the first time after joining here yesterday so thought i have a go at it.

This entry is clearly done with my own imagination according to the Theme that was provided and software that is used to make this is 100% Blender .

More Information

• Render Engine Cycles
  • Blender 2.8
6 Likes

“Scarabaeus Sacer”

non-competing (pure), cycles (2014 samples)

20 Likes

Pure Entry Cycles Filmic

“Morning Ritual”

6 Likes

I love it, the perfect entry!

That is about half the cups of coffee I drink a day. First drink of the day, last drink of the day. Love my coffee.

1 Like

Lovely render :heart_eyes:

Tea time even at the witch’s” (Pure / Cycle)

Hello everyone,
I read you a lot and I learn a lot but not being very comfortable in English I abstained, so far to participate.
So, here is my first post and my first participation, all remarks are welcome :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Eye balls for everyone beautifully done :heart_eyes:

Sacrifice was required
Pure Blender-Cycles

3 Likes

The Immortal (Pure)

4 Likes

“Once A Day - The Dawn”
Pure Entry
1500 Samples
Procedural materials

7 Likes

Altar Scene

not a very innovative name, i know.

This one was way too ambiguous for a sunday afternoon, so only the base scene is ready, but hey… at least it’s something.

This is a pure cycles render, all modeling, sculpting and compositing was done in blender 2.8, only one crash :slight_smile:

have fun

7 Likes

Ummm… This is my first time doing one of these challenges so forgive me if I’m doing this wrong.

Satanic Ritual
completely in Blender. Rendered with Eevee
Fun to make hope you like it.

5 Likes

Effigy
Pure, cycles

7 Likes

Summoning Wrath

Pure entry, 2000 samples with denoising. Feels like I spent a big part of this weekend procrastinating. I’m relatively happy with what I thought was going to be disappointing.

5 Likes