Challenge #832 (31/05/19) Entries CLOSED

Theme #832 for Friday 31th of May 2019 is:

Cinematography

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jun 3, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well well, an interesting theme indeed.
We’re bound to get some unique entries with this👌

here is my entry im working on a film rn so i already had some stuff complete
this is quickly rendereded in eevee i tried baking the bounce lights as a test but i dont think i understand that ENJOY (Pure)

my instagram

5 Likes

Great theme actually!!

Interesting theme, since cinematography refers to motion-picture photography. I will have to wrack my brain a bit, but it’ll be fun and the entries will be great as always.

Have to say i clearly enjoy these challenges and its a good way to get better at what you are doing :raised_hands:

5 Likes

It really does!

1 Like

Waiting for the Perfect Moment

Non-competing

Cycles, 2000 samples, filmic, hdri lighting, Graswald ($),Realistic nature assets_daisies ($), post processing vignette and white balance with PaintShop Pro

Busy weekend so just made a fast low detail B-52 model on a runway waiting for a morning launch. Countered by a daisy representing peace in the forefront.

I wanted to tie the importance of lighting in cinematography and how the mood in the scene is many times dictated by the environment lighting. In this scene the director would have had to wait for sunset or sunrise to get that perfect shot his vision required.

7 Likes

"Cinemastronomy"

non-competing (pure), cycles (128 samples)

Earlier this week I read an article about the reconstruction of what could be the oldest existing solar eclipse film(video included). It was filmed by the magician and early filmmaker Nevil Maskelyne on 28 May, 1900.
Back then, magic, astronomy and filmmaking went together nicely - and, if you ask me, that is still true today.

7 Likes

The Queen of Hearts (Open, Non-Competing)

I used models from DAZ3D and a revolver from a free object site. Rendered in Cycles (512 Samples). I wanted to create a Film-Noir look with a smokey scene and some visual story-telling. Cinematography instantly makes me think of Citizen Kane and how the scenes are constructed, that’s why I was inspired to go for a Black and White vintage look. (edit: now rendered in Cycles)

Colour:

7 Likes

Growing old

pure, cycles

15 Likes

This is a good one I missed out guess I’ll try to be in the next challenge

Maximum effort :superhero:

me too i was too busy these days :disappointed:

@Adam3141 awesome entry, if I had time I was going to model an old time camera. But too much going on these past few weeks to get even a previs done. I really like how each smart phone has its own perspective in the shot of the camera they are pointed at.

Yeah, I was kinda expecting to see more vintage cameras, even worried it might be too predictable :smiley: but seems I might get away with it

4 Likes

Lol, ya I haven’t really been that busy decided not to enter short film contest might do it next time around can’t find the building I’m looking for for the contest.:pensive:
Haven’t had a job in 9 months so I’m working around the house trying to keep busy im tearing the floor up and putting new floor down doing odd jobs and selling stuff I own to make money right now.:pensive:
Hard to get a decent job making good money these days when you know your worth more than what companies want to pay and you know they have the money to pay you what your worth.
Like my dad says take what ever you can get I guess.

Here is my non-competing entry:

ROUGH CUT

Pure Blender 2.79, Cycles, only procedural textures.

RobertT

6 Likes

Looks good, but I noticed your angles are off on the cameras on the phone you might want to make multiple cameras in blender then line each one up with the phones next time and rig the phones to the cameras so they follow where the cameras go😁

Making of a Fleet

Pure entry. Blender 2.8, Cycles 256 samples + denoising + compositing, procedural textures only. Inspired by miniature starship models in Star Wars.

5 Likes