Challenge #833 (07/06/19) Entries CLOSED

Theme #833 for Friday 7th of June 2019 is:

trustworthy

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jun 10, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Probably not going to make this weekend challenge either. The creators bug has bit me and I almost finished the car that I am modeling then decided might as well go all the way and make a garage for it and a couple other cars I’ve done. So maybe next time around I will get to join in on the fun again. I have the project in the works in progress section for anyone interested.

2 Likes

Trusty Lock

Non-competing

Cycles, 3000 samples, filmic, wall texture from Poliigon, the rest are procedural, all new models

Also fairly busy this weekend so just a quick model. More of texture practice. Feels like I am finally progressing on material development and application. Still completely suck at UV unwrapping. I will eventually have to learn to use substance painter.

5 Likes

One Engine Flight

Open entry - some of the smokes added in GIMP, particularly the trailing part.
Blender 2.8, Cycles 256 samples + denoising + compositing, quick smoke, procedural textures only.

Wireframe :

8 Likes

Institutional

Pure entry, 1000 samples. The heat is on!

6 Likes

A gift from Above…

Open entry - Blender 2.79b Cycles - 500 Samples, Compositing, Rock and Sky-Texture are non-procedural, Rest is, All objects are new

This is my first parttaking in this challenge - I like it!

6 Likes

Tough week. I guess I’ll try to make a dog. Everyone trusts dogs, right?

Only issue is that I don’t know how to model animals. But then again, I didn’t join these challenges because I knew what I was doing…

7 Likes

Business card
Pure Entry

Busy weekend, so just fooling around :wink:
Blender 2.8, Cycles

5 Likes

Fashionable Swiss Army Knife (Pure)

(Rendered in Eevee)

I wanted to make a kick-ass Swiss Army Knife of the future, but ended up with one that looks like it was made by L’Oréal or Revlon. Ah well… :hear_no_evil:

9 Likes

alas it doesn’t have a Philips head :wink:

2 Likes

Haha, maybe I’ll add it later, but then I’ll have to add the tiny saw as well :smile_cat:

1 Like

I don’t feel height, and it is scary :slight_smile:

1 Like

Daniel Radcliff would be proud. :wink:

1 Like

There is no lipstick and no mascara, definietly not L’Oreal nor Revlon :wink:
I like shades of steel, impressive.

1 Like

…it rocks!

Trustworthy Blast Doors
Pure, competing

Blender Cycles 2.79 + compositor.
128 samples.

9 Likes

In Dog We Trust

Non-competing (pure).

I thought it was hard to go too wrong with a dog with sunglasses. But apparently it can go very wrong.

Sculpting was quite fun, but setting up the hair was a pain. Finding a balance between too few hairs and too little RAM to render is difficult. I also tried to make a crazy disco light, but I guess I would need an HDRI to make it look decent.

8 Likes

PURE entry “safe”

4 Likes

I was able to squeeze out a quick “Open Entry” decided on an old trustworthy covered bridge.

“Covered Bridge”

6 Likes

looks safety