• joshwinkler3d
  • Wertior
  • Revi_Xoinh
  • ExoticMatter
  • purbosky
  • parclite
  • FlyingBanana

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Jun 12, 2019 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20190617-wc

Pure Entries

fcharr: Institutional

paawweeuu: Business card

Bakkies: Fashionable Swiss Army Knife

unyxium: Trustworthy Blast Doors

3dnotguru: safe

joshwinkler3d: Trusty Steed

Wertior: One Way Ferry

Revi_Xoinh: Ice

Open Entries

ExoticMatter: A gift from Above…

(Open entry - Blender 2.79b Cycles - 500 Samples, Compositing, Rock and Sky-Texture are non-procedural, Rest is, All objects are new)

purbosky: One Engine Flight

(Open entry - some of the smokes added in GIMP, particularly the trailing part.
Blender 2.8, Cycles 256 samples + denoising + compositing, quick smoke, procedural textures only.)

parclite: Rustworthy

(Image textures for the materials of the locks originate from several sources on the internet. Background image and lighting is an HDR image from hdrihaven.com.)

FlyingBanana: Covered Bridge

Non-competing Entries

OLG: Trusty Lock

Millani: In Dog We Trust

Helge: Bridge

3 Likes

@Helge, might need a little fix on my entry title… :wink:

Nice work @everybody Still making my mind up on my vote.

I guess, you are right. :wink: Done!

1 Like

Two votes, one for parclite the other one for Wertio!

1 Like

Yeah, tough week – versatile prompt, excellent entries. My votes went to unyxium’s Trustworthy Blast Doors, Bakkie’s Fashionable Swiss Army Knife, and Wertior’s One Way Ferry. Also liked fcharr’s Institutional, Revi_Xoinh’s Ice, and parclite’s Rustworthy. Enjoyed Millani’s In Dog We Trust and Helge’s Bridge!

5 Likes

Nice works all. My votes go to:
@parclite Rustworthy - for textures and love story
@purbosky One Engine Flight - for tension and hope
@Bakkies Fashionable Swiss Army Knife - for materials and eevee

2 Likes

I went with two votes this time. Both cause of the story inducing nature of them. @ExoticMatter and @Wertior great job you two.

3 Likes

Thanks FlyingBanana!
I was glad to read your comment, since making a little story is really what I like best about the weekly challenges :smile:

Thanks a lot!

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 833 with votes from 50% of the voters is… parclite!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Rustworthy

1 Like

Congrats on the win @parclite

Bravo @parclite . :orange_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::heart::black_heart: Love!

@parclite, congrats on the win!

@parclite Nice job

“wispering” maximum effort :superhero:. :grin:

1 Like

Well done @parclite - nice texturing on those locks.

I may not have gotten any votes but I am happy with my horse :horse: something I’ve never attempted before. It’s pretty much a WIP compared to what I wanted to do.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone! As always it was a pleasure to join the challenge and to see all the great work.
Enjoy the new theme!

2 Likes

Very impressive set of entries this week.

Somehow, the winning entry reminds me of a custom I sometimes see around here, where lovers will attach padlocks to – say – bridge railings as tokens of their love. (Maybe the heart on one of the locks in the render remind me of that.)