• ypsilon
  • Deimos
  • Millani
  • thethieme
  • Bakkies
  • fdo
  • purbosky

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Jun 19, 2019 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20190624-wc

Pure Entries

KickAir_8P: First Out

JonTargy: TRAVEL COMPANION

fcharr: On a Jet Pane

RayVelcoro: final2

pelemele: An adventurous frog

FlyingBanana: Country Roads

ypsilon: Rush Hour - Traffic jam in Blender City

Deimos: Inspiration

Millani: Sarr, the Solitary Sailor

thethieme: TravelContest

Bakkies: Bobby The Bobber

Open Entries

fdo: Holiday in Italy

(i have to call this entry open because i reused the colloseM model from another entry.)

purbosky: Summer Flight

(Aircraft model is new, decals made with Inkscape, nose art edited from a past contest entry, background from UnSplash.com, lighting with HDRI from HDRIhaven.com.)

Non-competing Entries

OLG: Around the Corner

Helge: The Travel Bug

Awesome job everyone. Really nice renderings as usual. Can’t wait to see the results of this weeks race.

Wow. Everyone hit a home run. All the renders are amazing. Voting is always tough but this week is going to be exceptionally hard.

Nicely done.

Wow, some tough choices this week. I wanted to vote for all of them.

This was too hard. There’s alot of good shots here. I just picked what I thought was technically more challenging rather than impression.
I wasn’t sure of what to make of fdo’s because it says “open”. What’s that mean?

Admittedly difficult this week … great entries, and I tried to pick the best … but I’m afraid that none of them said “ka-pow!”

@Helge, I love the Travel Bug! Nice work everyone!

Yep, I’m on the “but they’re all so good!” train. This week my votes went to Millani’s Sarr the Solitary Sailor, pelemele’s An adventurous frog, and ypsilon’s Rush Hour - Traffic jam in Blender City. Also very much enjoyed Deimos’ Inspiration (s’cute!), Bakkies’ Bobby The Bobber (impressive no-mesh build), FlyingBanana’s Country Roads (lovely low-poly work), and fcharr’s On a Jet Pane (evocative simplicity).

2 Likes

Lots of quality entries this week! - This might be the toughest WEC to date. :smiley: … Great job everyone.

You are right. This is a though one!

Obviously, the ''more than one vote"-experiment must be considered a fail. What good are three votes in situations like this?

As Thomas Watson said: “I think there is a world market for maybe three WEC votes.”

Well, think again. :wink:

Top notch entries, no two ways about it! I could literally vote for every single one of them. Gonna make up my mind later though!

Amazing! My socks are officially knocked off!
Great work everyone :star_struck:

take a look at the rules, image creation mostly done in blender and also new models. it was that second part why i declared it open.

Nice works, as usual. Or even better. Or even someone could suspect that some works are team entries :slight_smile: or were prepared for few weeks :wink:
Just kidding, of course. I wish I was so creative and productive.
My votes go to:
@Bakkies - I like curves method, rendering is great, and sharing file is awesome :+1:
@ypsilon - I like overall mood, lights colors, and see amount of work
@purbosky - I like that airplane, composition and colors. I belive you really like flying vehicles :wink:
Good luck all!

2 Likes

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 834 with votes from 39.3% of the voters is… thethieme!
Here’s to all the great participators…

thethieme: TravelContest

2 Likes

@thethieme congrats on the winning epic beautiful rendering.

1 Like

Congrats to @thethieme ! Awesome render ! :+1:

When I was a child I was first amazed by traffic lights (changing colors every certain intervals), then attracted to trains when visiting train stations, before finally settled on aircraft after relatives brought some aviation magazines. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks everyone! Quality work from all of you and I’m looking forward to joining you all in future challenges :grin:

3 Likes

Congrats, well deserved win sir!

Congratulations @thethieme !
I guess we can reuse your work for the new theme :grin:

3 Likes