Challenge #837 (05/07/19) Entries CLOSED

You could get an additional fruit (lime) for free by changing the color of one of the oranges to green.
Someone once told me that coconuts and limes go together quite well. :wink:

1 Like

LOL yeah that can be a quick fix!
Btw, I’ve just (un)genetically modified them to mango and avocado. :wink:

“Dream Spore”
Pure
Cycles - 500 samples

4 Likes

A Hydrochloric Gin

Non-competing

Cycles, 1024 samples, particle physics, filmic

Urban Dictionary: Forbidden Snack
An object which appears to be highly edible that is not, in fact, edible and is therefore considered to be forbidden despite its delectable yet deceptive appearance.

So a glass of hydrochloric acid being used to clean some gold. Looks like a yummy gin and tonic with cold stones instead of ice.

9 Likes

I really liked the concept, but I think the lighting is breaking the mood a bit.

I would suggest increasing the intensity of the emission of the orange spots by a lot (and then adding a glow effect with the compositor), make the background a bit darker and add a rim light on the left side following the curvature of the “trunk”.

I gotcha, Thanks for the critique.
Spooky forest lighting in progress. :slight_smile:

Forbidden Lunchbox Snacks (Open, Used textures from Texture Haven)

I slept on it and decided to go with regular textures. Enjoy. :smile_cat:

7 Likes

“Dream Spore” Updated -
Pure, Cycles, procedural textures
700 Samples

7 Likes

"Mum: That has grass baked in it!"

Pure Entry
Cycles
1000 samples

Never really good at texturing. But I think the cake turned out to be alright.
Was also practicing rule of thirds.

4 Likes

“Nightcrawler Sundae”
Pure
Rendered in Blender’s internal renderer as a test of my new systems’ CPU. I used Dan Pro’s tutorial on advanced FK/IK tentacle rigging to set up the worms for posing. Textures and materials for the models were generated in Blender, although the worm texture, foam cup decal, and tablecloth were created in Photoshop.

3 Likes

Weelll, here’s my half baked render I call it “ice cream city”
100 percent blender cycles :grin::joy:

“A tasteful king”

forbidden

7 Likes

To me, Weekend Challenge is all about the creativity of taking an ambiguous statement of a topic and trying to find an original way to show it – whether the render is technically incredible or not. Some weeks turn out "sort of meh," but some weeks have been truly memorable, “ROTFLMAO” stuff. I’m glad that you can now vote for more than one entry.

The Forbidden Crust

Open entry, Composited in Adobe After Effects, Textures created in Photoshop, procedural textures for the wood and cloth.

Cycles 256 samples

Its a pizza square from a fictional place called “Slice of Eden” their special is:

The Forbidden Crust - the one that started it all

It’s a biblical take on the forbidden snack, I wanted to make a snake out of bacon but I found easier to position a slit pupil at the center of the apple as a substitute.(Hope its noticeable off the bat)

7 Likes

FORBIDDEN BALCONY
Open(textures and Hdri)
Cycles, 250s +Denoosing

Who doesn’t like a good drink.
This is my second entry for the weekend challenge. Hope you love it.

PS. Am terrible at texturing

2 Likes

Irresistible Trap
Pure Cycles 428

4 Likes

I love the slime and the lips
Great work

thanks! i’m glad you like it

1 Like

lol, a chocolate bear trap protecting the cup :grin: a grizzly tasty treat :drooling_face: I don’t think anyone could resist that :joy:

1 Like

Snacks for Robots

Pure entry. Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures.

I tried to imagine what kind of unhealthy stuff robots would eat.

My initial plan was to model two robots, but after making a basic rig and modelling a head, I looked at the clock and thought “Nope, I’m not gonna make it.”. So I went with something simpler instead.

4 Likes