• Midnightcpu
  • Photox
  • matteo_giorcelli
  • Millani
  • Le_Pirate
  • Leonard_Sam
  • Bakkies

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Jul 10, 2019 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20190713-wc

Pure Entries

0xc000007b: Tide Pod Donuts

3dnotguru: Chocolate hamster

purbosky: (Not) Good for Health

fcharr: Sidewalk Delight

david.speer: Dream Spore

sherlockjeo: Mum: That has grass baked in it!

Floridarcher: Nightcrawler Sundae

Midnightcpu: ice cream city

Photox: A tasteful king

matteo_giorcelli: Irresistible Trap

Millani: Snacks for Robots

Open Entries

Le_Pirate: Slice of Eden

(Composited in Adobe After Effects, Textures created in Photoshop, procedural textures for the wood and cloth.)

Leonard_Sam: FORBIDDEN BALCONY

(Open(textures and Hdri))

Bakkies: Forbidden Lunchbox Snacks

(Used textures from Texture Haven)

Non-competing Entries

Helge: Hands Off

OLG: A Hydrochloric Gin

This week my votes go to purbosky’s (Not) Good for Health (simply pretty), Millani’s Snacks for Robots (“bit flippers” LOL!), and 0xc000007b’s Tide Pod Donuts (hilarious concept). Nice work all!

2 Likes

I’m stuck between millani and bakkies renders tuff one to decide on :see_no_evil::thinking: COIN TOSS!!! :grin:

Good work everyone see you next challenge and congrats to the Winner when that comes around :grin:

I might do a full render next time :grin::+1:

1 Like

I’m glad you like my render. It was challenging getting something to look plastic like instead of glass like lol.

But give your vote to @Millani , I did use textures and stuff and it’s only fair. Like the rules states " Indecisive voters are asked to favour Pure entries over Open ones." :mage:

1 Like

On technical merits I really liked yours – nice modeling, decent composition, enjoyable color and lighting.

@Midnightcpu, you don’t have to choose – we get up to three votes, vote for 'em both if you want!

For plastic I use flat color then gloss at 2.5 - 3 you want a dull shine unless you want it like a shiny toy or something :+1:
The glass looks good nice reflections, color balance is a little off and bump for the wood is a little high, but not much.
Could have used a lamp with a slight red tent pointed at an angle to break the color balance of the wood and box

Yeah, I’m pretty happy with it all an all. It was literally 10 minutes before the closing time when my render was finally done. When I was done I really wanted to edit the table wood and my rim light was nowhere to be seen. (behind a ceiling I put in later lol).

@fcharr’s render is hilarious. So it is not by mere chance that we drop ice cream on the sidewalks; the sidewalks are the ones making us trip so we drop our ice cream! They’re evil!

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: I find that ice cream is one of those things that we cannot pick up from the floor and keep eating, for some reason.

That’s what straws are for. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 837 with votes from 43.8% of the voters is… Bakkies!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Forbidden Lunchbox Snacks

4 Likes

Congrats on the win @Bakkies

2 Likes

Wow, the winning entry looks eerily like real life. Except maybe that the syringe looks a little bit like it’s made of glass, the detail is incredible … up to and including the tiny hole at the tip of the needle. It wouldn’t be hard at all for me to say, "this is a photograph." :+1:

2 Likes

@Bakkies, congrats!

1 Like

Thanks a lot! That is very high praise, I am honoured. :smiley_cat: I spend some time adjusting the shaders until I thought it looked realistic (ish). I tried to get that subsurface scattering on the pipe just right. Thankfully I had a lot of references. The lunchbox is a copy of my actual lunchbox. I live on a farm so I had hypodermic needles around.

But the award for the thing I spend time on one can barely see are those needles that are still in the packaging. O boy, the plastic needle cover and plastic wrapping, cross pattern material, lattice modifier… Also the tiny spherical granules in the capsules.

I really enjoyed making it. Thanks for the compliment again. :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Grats on the win! Agree with others that you did some really nice work here. Well done!

2 Likes