• Rhen
  • fcharr
  • ypsilon
  • purbosky
  • Le_Pirate
  • Midnightcpu
  • putr_corps

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Jul 24, 2019 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20190727-wc

Pure Entries

Blazej_Jura: The Harvest Day

Millani: Harvester

Komojo: Ant Harvest

rradarr: Harvest Day

(Click to play Video :-))

FlyingBanana: Organ Harvest

Rhen: Crop Giants

Open Entries

fcharr: Out on the Field

*(Took from:
http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Agriculture-of-Tomorrow.Green-Housed.html
http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Fantastic-Greenhouse-Challenge.Glass-Cathedral.html
http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Folklore.Cowbell.html

and combined into:
http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Harvest-Day.Out-on-the-Field.html)*

ypsilon: JackPot - High Harvest Day

(Made the textures in Photoshop, did everything else in Blender)

purbosky: The Reds

(Open entry, oil painting effect and touch up done in GIMP.)

Le_Pirate: Matooke Run

(Open entry, Composited in Adobe After Effects, Plantain textures created in Photoshop, procedural textures, HDRI to achieve morning lighting and back ground presence.)

Midnightcpu: Those crazy harvester are at it again

(Cycles, denoise, make human character models , made the cloths all procedural textures in blender ,everything else blender used an image resizer to reduce the mb to kb composited in blender, smoke sim in blender it was 11.5 mb now it’s 200 kb.)

putr_corps: harvest in times of war

(I used E-cycles 2.8 as branch, graswald for the particles, MB Lab for the humans, and Marvelous Designer for the cloths.
Ground and wood(could be better) made procedurally in cycles.
Color grading in Blender and Photoshop.)

Non-competing Entries

meritta: On the way to harvest

Helge: Harvest Day

david.speer: Autumn Sunflowers

OLG: Screams of the Harvested

1 Like

@FlyingBanana
Im waiting for " IT Chapter two " to come out and I’m waiting for them to make another " The Stand " movie :drooling_face: :clown_face:

1 Like

Ok guys I’m doing the final render on my custom shader I’ll post it when it gets done to see what you think.

Its totally interactive to lighting no skin textures are needed if your looking for blush you can add on to the spot you want it on just add a new shader and apply need Poor’s just us the normal bump texture, ya baby " wispering " the very first totally interactive skin shader, maximum effort :cricket:

It works in eevee and cycles both, but I still need to test it in eevee

Ok guys I just made the very first totally interactive hair shared just a few min ago woop woop it loooks totally real like an actual person don’t fall in love with it when you see this if you like it lol. :grin:

1 Like

Just realized my scene came close to using 100% of my ram. With CPU render, it takes about 10 minutes to render. I tried the new hybrid solution: I think it’s a little buggy, the projected render time was about an hour, and my computer kept almost crashing throughout the whole process. I ended up killing blender through task manager.

This week my votes go to Komojo’s Ant Harvest (I’d’ve liked it brighter, but otherwise lovely), rradarr’s Harvest Day (like the concept, nice execution), and Millani’s Harvester (elegant design, nice composition, good atmosphere).

1 Like

well oyu are joking (I think you are at least?) but she really looks somewhat like a real person, Yolandi Visser.

1 Like

It’s a test render to see how the shader reacts to light because skin has more than two colors when different shades of light hits it, if you look close the skin is reacting to the light I havent done any detail work on it yet

Yea, I was mostly referring to the general look and the hairstyle especially :slight_smile:

Lol ya I wasnt concerned about the overall look just trying to show the shader work,lol :grin:

Ya, its like I told helge its an argument order that’s causing blender to crash when blender goes crazy the argument order kicks in and goes hay wire .

Making a motion vid of eevee to show what the shader does without outside texture.
Will do cycles next in the same fashion. :grin::+1:

Did a little more work on the model, but not alot did a little sculpting on the bust to give it some shape and fixed the hair to looked better might have to do a liiiittle more tweeking on the shader but all in all I like it.

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 839 with votes from 48.9% of the voters is… Millani!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Harvester

3 Likes

Congrats yet again on the win @Millani

2 Likes

Congrats Millani! Also, it was tight race for last place this week :wink: Congrats Flying Banana :wink:

1 Like

Congratulations to the Winner and good work everyone see you next WC.

About have my shader ready to go been tweaking it and it’s getting better, alot of nodes to mess with had an issue with one of the colors over powering all of them took me 2 hours to find the one causing it, finally got it figured out. :grin: I’ll post a new image later and the shader will follow when it’s done, it looks aaaallllooot better now still need a little work done to it

2 Likes

Thanks @fcharr I think it was more of a pitty vote. I was going for the golf scoring method. Lowest score wins.

1 Like

I almost got it this week. For a while I was the only one with 1 pity / looks I voted for myself vote.

1 Like

Lol, I never voted for myself.
I voted for putr, flyingbanna and purbosky was going to vote for you.
don’t see any point in voting for someone that is already winning. :grin:

2 Likes

you actually got one of my votes :slight_smile: the other two were Komojo and the money animation by rradarr.