• MatthewK
  • Blendit_Josiah
  • Onebi
  • Midnightcpu
  • purbosky
  • parclite
  • Rhen

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Jul 31, 2019 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20190805-wc

Pure Entries

FlyingBanana: Industrial

david.speer: Wheels of Progress

fcharr: Units

0xc000007b: Industrial Revolution

unyxium: Abandoned Power Plant

putr_corps: Post-industrial dimensions

Le_Pirate: “Smog, Smoke and no clouds. That’s Industry!!!” - Unknown

MatthewK: Industrial Park

Blendit_Josiah: Industrial Pizza Machine

Onebi: Industrious

Open Entries

Midnightcpu: Industrial fan

(Everything was made in blender except the human model it is a make human model with my custom interactive shader did some proportional editing on the face.)

purbosky: Orbital

(Going to enter this as ‘open’ entry. All objects were made in Blender, but not fully textured, so would like to put handicap because of that (even if it’s technically can still be inside ‘pure’ category).)

parclite: The Two Towers

(Open entry. Sky image created from two images from the internet. Sapling Tree Gen addon used for the tree and shrubs.)

Rhen: Catnip Factory

(This entry is open, as I used bolts from my kitbashing file and various textures.)

Non-competing Entries

RobertT: DEREGULATORY (OR, INDUSTRIAL POLLUTION)

Helge: Apple Generator

OLG: Industrial Mechanization

Photox: Sprawl

Millani: Clone Your Lover

rradarr: Industrious

1 Like

hello darkness my old friend

3 Likes

Difficult week, too many great pics! Okay, this week my votes go to putr_corps’s Post-industrial dimensions (harsh, disturbing, evocative), Le_Pirate’s “Smog, Smoke and no clouds. That’s Industry!!!” (simple yet striking use of color and light), and Onebi’s Industrious (elegant).

My runners-up: FlyingBanana’s Industrial (like everything but the lighting, that threw me) 0xc000007b’s Industrial Revolution (especially like the clouds), Blendit_Josiah’s Industrial Pizza Machine (enjoyable, like the colors).

2 Likes

I find it really interesting how @putr_corps’s image got less creepy when he added more dead bodies.

One death is a tragedy, a million is statistics.

The feet hanging in front of the camera was a good touch, by the way.

3 Likes

Lol, ya I was like this looks good but why one body then the other two showed up :grimacing::open_mouth::dizzy_face::scream::ghost::alien:, thought it would look a little better if the bodies were a little more random placed and sized but one could have had a better impact on the scene if place right :thinking::+1:.
It’s like those movies where people see a single Bodie hanging from a bridge or something.
It’s like watching a still motion movie one, wait two :grimacing:, oh noooo now theirs three where are they coming from. :grimacing::astonished::dizzy_face::scream:

2 Likes

Good work everyone congrats to the Winner and see you next WC. :grin:

1 Like

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 840 with votes from 63.9% of the voters is… putr_corps!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Post-industrial dimensions

Congrats on the win @putr_corps

1 Like

Here I thought @Blendit_Josiah’s pizza would have charmed everyone. :smile:

Congrats @putr_corps for the win !

3 Likes

congrats Mr. Computer Corps!

1 Like

@putr_corps, congrats. Really dark image but well executed.

1 Like

Thanks all for your kind words :blush: and great entries everyone, I specially liked the industrial topic.
I hope all of you enjoy with the next week theme. :wink:

2 Likes

Just so you know, your percentages don’t add up. You’ve got a total of 222.4 instead of 100.

FlyingBanana : 2 : 2.5%
david.speer : 1 : 1.25%
fcharr : 1 : 1.25%
0xc000007b : 6 : 7.5%
unyxium : 3 : 3.75%
putr_corps : 23 : 28%
Le_Pirate : 14 : 17.5%
MatthewK : 3 : 3.75%
Blendit_Josiah : 11 : 13.75%
Onebi : 2 : 2.5%
Midnightcpu : 0 : 0%
purbosky : 3 : 3.75%
parclite : 5 : 6.25%
Rhen : 6 : 7.5%.

My percentages also don’t add up… 99.25 instead of 100. It’s more accurate, though.

Sorry, not sure why that bugged me so much… OCD, I guess.

Nice entries, all! Hopefully I get some time in the next few weeks to enter another comp.

Don’t worry. I think, I can help you with that. :slight_smile:
The percentages don’t sum up to 100% because everyone can pick up to three entries. You can read the results like this: 63% of the voters voted for putr_corps entry. (However, most of them probably voted for one or two other entries as well.)