Challenge #841 (02/08/19) Entries CLOSED

Theme #841 for Friday 2nd of August 2019 is:

Soviet Propaganda

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Aug 5, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Been doing alot of research on this one. :grin::dizzy_face:

Found alot of stuff from historical data I was surprised at some of the historical data I was reading I’m going to try to implement all of what I found into one image.
I’m going from historical data up to now.

It just came to me that from a soviet perspective, the drink Red Bull would mean something humorously cynic.

1 Like

Hmmm i like this one.got some ideas.
the soviet union was still in power while i was stationed in west germany.
i have seen a lot of soviet era propaganda.read much about that era.

I didn’t know Russia was allied with the usa during WW2 from 1941-1945 i was like. :astonished: Really woooow and that Russia had to ration their food supplies during the war and helped the usa against Nazi Germany.

Dude, did you had history in school? oO

Or did you sleep through the classes? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lol, ya I studied in class then sleeped after the test I only had US history in school I took the community collage route and not the collage route in highschool.

According to GED grade finder I’m only at a 7th-8th grade level at my age but some people say I wasn’t challenged enough in school I got bored easy. :grin:

I was told in school that most of the stuff I would learn I would never use in real life so I learned what I thought was useful and retained my brain mass for learning how to 3d animate and studied history and everything else later. :grin:
now that I read up on history I learn stuff I didn’t know and I’m like wooow that’s awesome or that’s horrible who would do something like that why can’t we all just get along :v:

Some people are like I’m smarter than you and I’m like " can you tell me how the internal combustion turbine of a jet engine works" and they look at me like. :astonished:

1 Like

Pure Entry, Cycles, 128 samples and filmic.

“Secret Soviet Election Hacking”

7 Likes

Darn it, I’m doing an orange! Obvious, I guess, for anybody going with current events. Yours is looking good.

2 Likes

Smite The Workers (but only the lazy ones)

Non-competing

Cycles, 3000 samples, flimic, HDRI, post processing Paintshop Pro

My version of the 1931 Poster. Original poster was in Russian and even though I took Russian in college the only Russian I remember is, “I don’t speak Russian.” So downloaded a font that kind of looks Cyrillic.

My old brain vaguely remembers the Soviet Union time. Too much “little water” in between.

Vodka translated into English is “little water”.

6 Likes

some fun

fun fun fun!

2 Likes

The Death Of Stalin is such an underrated movie. Hilarious, jey a warning.

1 Like

I get it! orange is Trump, potato is Poutine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It sure does feel like a long presidency, already - but I didn’t notice Trump being president of the US since soviet times. Propaganda must be doing a great job… I need to find more aluminium foil… :wink:

Nice one, I didn’t know that there was something called “Poutine”.

@fcharr Yep, you got it. Figured Russia, vodka, potato, Putin. So Putin "supposedly hacking USA elections. And poor “Lil Rocketman” is too small to look over the railing.

1 Like

Well, half way done with my scene had to blur the background out it looks good getting ready to start on the other half. :no_mouth::grin:

How narrowly are we supposed to define “soviet”? Or “Soviet Propaganda”? This could mean specific artistic styles favored by the Soviet Union from 1922 to 1991, yes. Or it could include awareness that nominally post-soviet Russia didn’t (and couldn’t) replace the entire Soviet government, or even most of it, and therefor circa-current Russian influence easily comes under the heading of “Soviet Propaganda”.

That what I was think how are you suppose to do this :thinking: , but i decided to go with historical data from the past and up untill now, I don’t know if I’ll be able to implement all I want to but I’ll try. :grin:

Know the feeling! Busy weekend for me without this, but the idea clobbered me over the head and won’t let go.

yes, poutine is a dish here in Quebec, comprised of french fries, melted mozzarella and gravy.

1 Like