• FlyingBanana
  • KickAir_8P
  • Millani
  • purbosky
  • Midnightcpu
  • rradarr
  • Le_Pirate

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Aug 7, 2019 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.
This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20190810-wc

Pure Entries

PyBlend: Pork Propaganda

beau11: The Times they are a Changin’

fcharr: Sunny Siberia

abbey_normal: Beep beep beep

FlyingBanana: Secret Soviet Election Hacking

KickAir_8P: Putin’s Propaganda

Millani: Do not Code for Fascism!

purbosky: Tsar Bomba

Open Entries

Midnightcpu: Together we can make a difference

(Make human models with my custom interactive skin shader.)

rradarr: Onward!

(people are from MakeHuman)

Le_Pirate: Red-io waves

(Open Entry, the character and tea cups were got off Blendswap, composited in AE.)

Non-competing Entries

OLG: Smite The Workers (but only the lazy ones)

Helge: RED SUPER GIANT

Photox: диван

Great entries everyone! Excited to be back in the weekend challenge :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Really good work everyone :grin: having a hard time voting :thinking:

2 Likes

My votes this week go to abbey_normal’s Beep beep beep (simple and evocative), beau11’s The Times they are a Changin’ (love this take on the theme), and rradarr’s Onward! (nailed the style IMHO, tickled by how). Also enjoyed FlyingBanana’s Secret Soviet Election Hacking (Trump as an orange, how clever!) and Le_Pirate’s Red-io waves (NSFW!).

4 Likes

It really is tough! Radarr really nailed the theme, it fits right in with the time period! In the end I voted for the shinier renders. My votes were for FlyingBanana and KickAir, who both had similar ideas, but fantastic execution on both, and purbosky because that is a pretty missile!

3 Likes

I just realized that I can use my custom interactive hair shader that’s in my custom interactive skin shader to layer grass with two color ramps to get two different colors of grass instead of making two partical grass setups. :dizzy_face::scream::shushing_face::no_mouth::drooling_face::see_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

I’m not sure I fully understand what you are doing. :wink:
Couldn’t you use a texture for that?

3 Likes

Nope, my shader mixes them all in one and makes the grass look random, I’m rendering it out right now to show what it does. :grin:
It will for the same for hair too so what ever you do to the hair it works on the grass too. :grin:

I’m just waiting to see how the testing goes on it to see what everyone thinks and if they think I should release it or not. :grin::+1:

Yeah, that is a pretty missile. And thanks for your vote!

1 Like

these are all stellar! Something about Soviet propaganda seems to bring out the best in all of you :stuck_out_tongue: Something tells me we’ll be seeing more propaganda themed weekend challenges… Genghis Khan-era Mongol propaganda? Just a random suggestion :smiley:

Well here it is what you think? :thinking:
Custom interactive skin shader, custom interactive hair shader and custom interactive grass shader. :grin:
I can layer it more to favor the red, blue and orange if I wanted to. :grin:

You’re aware that a color ramp without input just outputs a single colour and is a bit pointless, right?

2 Likes

As @Millani pointed out, the ColorRamp node doesn’t differ much from a simple RGB node (or no node at all) as long as its input isn’t connected. I was just explaining this to my wife this morning, so i figured I could just as well post the screenshots.

3 Likes

Actually a color ramp works with a mixed node and blenders texture nodes inputed to the factor I did some experiments with it for a long time just, because you think it doesn’t do something doesn’t mean it doesn’t do anything. :grin: :+1:

The color ramps are connected to a mixed node that is also connected to a custom layering node setup I made, you do know that you can make multi colors on grass from top to bottom with a color ramp?

I got the toon shader to work in eevee and I created a custom light falloff for eevee too and it’s supposedly not working in eevee. :grin:l

Here is an example of the original grass node setup I used. :grin:
It not the new one I created. :grin:

I’m trying to get the colors like this old one I use/ed to transition between two colors might take a little time. :grin:

Thanks for that it’s working now you’ll get credit for helping on this one. :grin:

Run a blender texture node into the two color ramps and it does the color transitioning for the layers. :grin:
Guess I’m still learning like a beginner still alot I don’t know about blender. :grin:

The hair info is what I was looking for. :grin:

Here’s what it looks like now the world’s first totally interactive grass shader.

lol

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 841 with votes from 49% of the voters is… rradarr!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Onward!

3 Likes

Congrats @rradarr ! On the awesome take on the theme.

2 Likes

yay rradarr! congrats on the win :slight_smile: I’m very happy about my race for the middle this week!