• Millani
  • MatthewK
  • pelemele
  • rigoletto
  • parclite
  • purbosky
  • Le_Pirate

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Aug 14, 2019 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20190815-wc

Pure Entries

RayVelcoro: Awesome theme! Here my WIP already;

fcharr: Connections

beau11: Abandoned

Millani: The Thinking Engine

MatthewK: I have an idea.

pelemele: Escher1

rigoletto: Insane in the brain

Open Entries

parclite: you should have read the Privacy Policy

(Open entry: brain model is from Thingiverse; laptop model is from Blendswap.)

purbosky: 2D to 3D

(Open entry, using floor plan images from a past building project.)

Le_Pirate: Thought-bound by Fate

(Open Entry knitted texture form textures.com. Composited in AE)

Non-competing Entries

OLG: Ideas Before Their Time - Icarus burns

Photox: The Prisoner

Midnightcpu: Man apart

This week my votes go to MatthewK’s “I have an idea” (effectively designed image made of simple elements) and fcharr’s Connections (compelling). I was also going to vote for parclite’s “you should have read the Privacy Policy” (way too true!) but we seem to be restricted to 2 votes this time instead of the usual 3. Also enjoyed RayVelcoro’s “Awesome theme! Here my WIP already” (yeah, that’s how I felt about it), beau11’s “Abandoned” (the way the dust motes came out threw me, beautiful though), Millani’s “The Thinking Engine” (pity about the noise, like the structure and the subtle color), pelemele’s “Escher1” (the blue-to-pink take on this puts it a cut above the usual Escher studies IMHO), rigoletto’s “Insane in the brain” (info-graphic style, nice), and Le_Pirate’s “Thought-bound by Fate” (knitted brain – I’m stuck between “cute!” and “ewwww!”, not the effect you were going for, sorry).

1 Like

Hi Everybody! :smiley:
Congratulations for all the awesome entries!
It was very interesting to see all the different approaches to the theme.
Here’s where it came from: a random words generator. One day I was seeking inspiration and decided that two first words that get spit out by the generator I have to take and make a theme out of them. It gave me “think” and “fate”, so I went with “Fate of thought”. Then I made this image:
“Fate Of Thought”

It’s my take on the theme. The nature represents the human thoughts. It’s lush and grows all around the black obelisk. The obelisk is untouched, nor by the mountain stream neither by the roots of the tree. The tree feeds on the obelisk, but its roots cannot penetrate it.
It means that our thoughts are bound to always find a problem that is impenetrable, un-undersandable. Even though we cannot understand it, we will always fantasize arund it. It’s about topics like life after death and so on.
Hope you like it :smiley:

3 Likes

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 842 with votes from 45.5% of the voters is… MatthewK!
Here’s to all the great participators…

I have an idea.

2 Likes

Wow already wednesday I lost track of time I thought it was like Monday or something. :grin:

Don’t have a calendar to see the days. :see_no_evil:

Congrats to the Winner and Good work everyone see you next WC

That happened to me, too. We have been traveling for the last few days and I almost forgot closing the voting thread. :wink:

@MatthewK congrats on the win

@MatthewK, Congrats! Really liked the lighting and the pull string switch on the socket. Nostalgic. :slight_smile:

Lol, ya my cousin had a baby last night and my aunt didn’t want my uncle to be alone because he is a diabetic and He had a heat stroke not to long ago they thought he was dead because he wasn’t breathing by the time my dad and I got there he was breathing again but my cousin and aunt said he was dead and his pace maker defib might have kicked in and saved his life

congrats MatthewK! thanks for the early topic :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone! Ya’ll are awesome.