Challenge #843 (16/08/19) Entries CLOSED

Theme #843 for Friday 16th of August 2019 is:

half of a whole

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Aug 19, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

Oh boy I have an idea for this one. :grin::smirk::eyes::smiling_imp::drooling_face::innocent:

1 Like

I might use a scene from my movie script on this one don’t know yet was leaning on something else I was thinking of. :thinking:

Hi everyone, I’m new here… how and where do i submit my entry?

Hi! Just post your image here. That’s all. :slight_smile:
(You can upload or paste the image directly into your post - or embed one from an external source.)

Can we post more than one entries?

Sure - however, if multiple images are submitted, only the most recent one will be used for voting. I’ll add the other images to the non competing entries, though.

The Better Halves

Pure entry. Every thing is modeled in blender (as it is pretty simple). Table textures from poliigon and cloth texture from a random cloth image.

10 Likes

Funny, I also thought about doing an avocado. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh… At first I thought I would do moon, or a heart shaped locket may be or a fruit… And then it occurred to me that an avocado was quicker to make :smile: (also my kids won’t let me do much so…hehe)

1 Like

Demiverse

Pure entry, I may have started with the title this week. Thought it was catchy.

9 Likes

Title: On My Way
Open because of hdr and textures

7 Likes

Its for you to decide if it’s open or pure.

Usually if I use anything outside of blender I call it open, but I could call it pure to because technically when you bring something into blender it’s part of blender. :grin:

Makehuman is kind of in and out of blender for me, because it’s not makehuman when I export it as a dae so when I import it it becomes blender then I use it for sculpting or shader testing. :no_mouth:

But in the end it’s all for you to decide. :+1:

Not necessarily. For me, it depends on the scene and on how much the HDRI contributes to the final image. If the image consists of nothing but the HDRI, calling it pure would feel a little awkward. If it is just providing some lighting/background and everything else has been built in blender and for the challenge - entering the image in the pure category probably will not hurt anyone. :slight_smile:

But as @Midnightcpu wrote: You are free to choose. If it feels right, it probably is. :wink:

Pure Cycles - “Orange” - ~1000 samples

Simple one this weekend as not much time. Need to learn how to properly texture a sphere from a photo - I used this texture - https://justscribblesandstuff.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/orangeee.jpg

6 Likes

It was kind of funny a while back ago.

When I was going to enter a short film contest I was trying to go by the rules here in the WC and I started thinking " wait a minute there are no rules on animating outside of the WC. !?" :thinking::scream::no_mouth::drooling_face::dizzy_face::speak_no_evil:🤷 :yum: :smirk::eyes:

2 Likes

Half Life

Pure entry. Blender 2.8, Cycles 256 samples+denoising, procedural textures, lighting with HDRI from HDRIhaven.com, color correction and effects done with GIMP.

8 Likes

[Two Halves - One Soul]

Blender 2.8 Cycles | 100% Pure Blender | All assets created for this challenge | 1024 Samples

5 Likes

Blender 2.8 Cycles | Pure - all new

7 Likes

What is the time window for submitting an entry in a weekend challenge? By that I mean when do entries open and when do they get closed?