• purbosky
  • Anam_Shahid
  • Millani
  • SHADOWSTORM
  • parclite
  • fcharr
  • Midnightcpu

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Aug 28, 2019 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20190831-wc

Pure Entries

jutu74: vanguard

Josip_Kladaric: We are humans, we come in peace, our power generator is broken.

dat_boi: The Vanguard

pb3drender: The vanguard unit.

MattSzymonski: Spacetime Singularity

Simulator: Come at me Chetto!

purbosky: 844th Vanguard Wing

Anam_Shahid: Calm before the storm

Millani: Pioneers of the Past

SHADOWSTORM: Freedom’s Vanguard

parclite: The First Move

Open Entries

fcharr: Robot Warriors

(Feeling lazy and committed this weekend: The robot is a WIP for the CG Boost that ends in a few days, that one may resemble this one quite a bit.)

Midnightcpu: Policea Precincta

(Most everything was made from scratch the character model is makehuman and I modeled the ACC for the character.)

Non-competing Entries

OLG: Vanguard - Air Power

Photox: Masked

Helge: Little Vanguard

2 Likes

Great entries everyone. Awesome job!

Couldn’t enter this week, school started. Fantastic entries all around though… @Photox how did you do the skin?

It’s sculpted with dyntopo, vertex painted with some grunge and a vertex mask on the neck muscles that mixes it greener. It’s a principled shader with about 20 percent SSS. Voronoi and colorramp into bump node for some pores.

1 Like

Hi Blender friends, I want to share with you how I made the hand on my entry. I had the idea but lacked the skill, had to improvise. Have a laugh.

7 Likes

Good work everyone and congrats to the Winner when that comes around.:grin:

See you next WC.

It got the job done, that’s the important bit. That’s not lack of skill – there’s no need to put something into the scene that’s not going to show on-screen.

1 Like

I agree with @KickAir_8P if your not creating a full scene don’t put what you can’t see in it, cut untill you can’t cut anymore words of Ryan from Film Riot but that was for film making I’m applying it to still images. :grin:

1 Like

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 844 with votes from 66.7% of the voters is… Simulator!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Come at me Chetto!

3 Likes

Thank you everyone. I’m looking forward to seeing your submissions next week! Hope you like the theme.

Congrats. Very cute cheeto. :slight_smile:

To the cheesiest of entries!

Congrats on the win @Simulator very cute render. Wonder if he was able to protect all the others behind him… Part two? hehehe

Nice takes on the theme guys, good job everyone and congrats @Simulator