Challenge #846 (06/09/19) Entries CLOSED

Oh my GOD! I LOVE Yoko Tsuno, I bought every book until I thought I’d “outgrown” them! And I absolutely loved “on the edge of life” with its depictions of Rothenburg ob der Tauber. I even went there myself!

You wouldn’t care to send me your blend file so I could “take a walk” in there, would you?

bstabens

astroboy was my favorite cartoon as a kid

non competing (pure) cycles 40 samples

3 Likes

I am as little upset at the site right now. From my computer, I can’t look at sheerun’s image without having the page scroll away somewhere else. what’s up with that?

No issues here with that, unless my mouse pointer is not on the image.

Took me for ever to be able to click the like button on the post. It would consistently scroll away somewhere else. Still happens but at the different point in the page.

EDIT : I will therefor put this render in the pure competing entries.

Old text :
Here is my entry! So… When I saw this weekend theme, I tought, Pokemon (it was my childhood)!

Because of the 80’s I wasn’t sure it would fit. I checked on Wikepedia and the first pokemon game was created in the 90’s. Because of that I decided to make an non-competing pure entry. (If everyone is ok, I could put it in the competing section but, I would ask the permission of the community and the person who selected the theme before)

Jigglypuff concert

Enjoy!

7 Likes

Kung Fu Teens

Open entry, 1000 samples. The model was taken from:
http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Cute-Warrior-Challenge.Gnomish.html

1 Like

hi,

• pure - eevee render

3 Likes

Don’t worry. If you ask me, the 90s are just an expansion pack of the 80s. :wink:
Apart from that, you are free to misunderstand or misinterpret the theme any way you like (deliberately or not). And in the end, it is up to the voters, how much they like the result, anyways.

3 Likes

Oh no! Of all the competitions themes I am away for. I used to have loads of VHS of the old Manga Video collection. I have a few hours left… I have time!

1 Like

Can you taste the feels?

Open entry. Composited in AE, Can textures made in illustrator, Anime sky background got off google images(couldn’t verify author)

As a 90’s kid I hadn’t watched any 80’s anime even more so I only got into anime in high school.

I picked and watched Grave of the Fireflies over the more popular ones like Akira and Dragon ball so I could get a unique entry.

Here is some context regarding my entry

I am currently experimenting with NPR for work and the timing of the anime challenge could not be more perfect.(I still wanna improve this not satisfied with how the fruit drops came out)

This was a fun challenge it got me to watch something new and learn a bit of Katakana when texturing the can :grin:

5 Likes

Is this made in Blender?

Yes it is, I used the toon shader

1 Like

I will not, I repeat, NOT watch anything even closely related to “Grave of the fireflies”. It’s just too heart-tearing.

bstabens

1 Like