• KickAir_8P
  • fcharr
  • MadeByDaris
  • Le_Pirate
  • bluberri
  • Anam_Shahid
  • Millani
0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Sep 18, 2019 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20190921-wc

Pure Entries

Josip_Kladaric: SpaceDance

jutu74: untitled

Harris_Siompos: Anti-gravity lean

purbosky: Skyward Waltz

Zelfior: Clefs’ bouncing

KickAir_8P: Hydrogen - First Dance

fcharr: Pose Strike

MadeByDaris: space dance

Le_Pirate: Dance with the blade

bluberri: Hula Girl

Anam_Shahid: Ballerina

Millani: Dance of the Seasons

Non-competing Entries

OLG: Ice Dancing

sheerun: Pole dancer

(I guess it’s Open because I’ve used existing female body. Everything else made myself.)

Something’s a bit off – sheerun’s Pole Dancer is open and competing, isn’t it? Right now it’s showing as non-competeing, and it’s not in the voting.

1 Like

Yes, I thought Open still means competing…

1 Like

@sheerun and @KickAir_8P yes it is open but previous weekend challenge winners are not eligible to compete the following weekend challenge which is why it is listed as non-competing. Previous weekend challenge winners are allowed to still submit a non-competing entry but not compete that week. Next challenge they are able to compete again.

This kinda keeps others from losing interest in the challenges if there is one person who constantly turns out top notch winning entries causing other slightly lesser capable users from feeling capable of possibly ever winning a challenge. Look at it as entering a professional contest over and over but not even getting any type of recognition or pat on the back for striving for better. The users will then tend to just not try anymore and possibly lose all interest in the challenge or even worse blending completely. I mean it is just a for funzies challenge and to get constantly get kicked in the teeth despite trying your hardest each and every weekend challenge gets discouraging to just about anyone.

5 Likes

Got it, I should have read rules carefully

2 Likes

No worries. Still an awesome render though.

2 Likes

@FlyingBanana: Thanks for already taking care of this. :slight_smile:

That’s right. And apart from that, having picked the new theme would give an unfair advantage to the winner of last weeks challenge.

3 Likes

I knew that rule, but forgot you were last week’s winner. :dizzy_face:

This week my votes go to Le_Pirate’s “Dance with the blade” (dynamic), bluberri’s “Hula Girl” (nice use of shapes, metaballs or curves? s’cute!), and fcharr’s “Pose Strike” (love your figures this week, and your use of color). Also enjoyed Millani’s “Dance of the Seasons” (the little snowman really sells it), Zelfior’s “Clefs’ bouncing” (fun!), purbosky’s “Skyward Waltz” (elegant) and Harris_Siompos’s “Anti-gravity lean” (nice take on it).

4 Likes

So many good ones- it was REALLY hard to choose. Something about Purbosky’s just speaks to me, even though I love them all. I like the tie for first :smiling_imp: competition like that, where there is no clear winner at first, is the best kind.
(Sidenote: why is that emoji code “smiling imp?” I’ve never seen it referenced like that in any emoji set before.)

1 Like

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 847 with votes from 35.9% of the voters is… purbosky!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Skyward Waltz

4 Likes

Congrats on the big race to the finish line @purbosky and the win

2 Likes

Congrats purbosky, and thanks to the person who voted for mine!

2 Likes

Thank you all! There were many great entries, congrats too to all participants, you are all wonderful!

Fun fact:
my last win is on #748, and now it’s #847, which sparks idea for the new theme. Hope you will all like it. :wink:

6 Likes

ohhh boy I was gonna skip the next one but if I’m thinking what you are thinking the next challenge is gonna be fun.

Congrats on the win.

1 Like

@purbosky, congrats on the win. Very clean and beautiful render.

1 Like

I really liked and voted for your entry, its the best of yours I’ve seen so far :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes